Who makes top 12?

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Philosophical question: Is it better to go with 5 strong snare drummers & play a harder book, or bring in 4 more weaker players & water down the book?

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Philosophical question: Is it better to go with 5 strong snare drummers & play a harder book, or bring in 4 more weaker players & water down the book?

It it were me, I'd go with the bigger numbers. 7 snares didn't do the Blue Stars any favors last year, if nothing else from the visual side of things.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I say get the players that are most qualified for the line and then teach them how to be better. 

I love the Colts, but I can't really see them making finals this year. Like someone mentioned, they've only got 5 snares right now, and contract season is coming to an end, so ouch... Maybe they'll just get desperate and start pulling weaker snare players and have an easier book.

After seeing last years Corps, I'd expect the open spot to go to Bones. Unless BK has a better show design team, then maybe they can get past Crossmen.

I don't know though. I'm only 15, so I don't know as much as everyone else.

8 minutes ago, EhapMka said:

I don't know though. I'm only 15, so I don't know as much as everyone else.

Nonsense. Your opinion matters as much as 65 y/o me's. 🙂 

58 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Finals culture depresses me. 

Exhibit A: defining a "successful" season only as one in which the corps is in the Top 12.

I guess it depends on the organization.  Success to some is just being able to make it to Finals week.  To some it's top 20, top 15... realistically, only about 15 organizations can say they have a shot at making Top 12.  At least 8 of those 12 spots is pretty much a given, so the other 7 units are fighting for 4 spots.  That sounds a lot like the MLB playoffs, or the NBA.

Speaking artistically, a successful season means something else... but this IS a competition circuit, so where you finish DOES matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I guess it depends on the organization.  Success to some is just being able to make it to Finals week.  To some it's top 20, top 15... realistically, only about 15 organizations can say they have a shot at making Top 12.  At least 8 of those 12 spots is pretty much a given, so the other 7 units are fighting for 4 spots.  That sounds a lot like the MLB playoffs, or the NBA.

Speaking artistically, a successful season means something else... but this IS a competition circuit, so where you finish DOES matter.

As long as everyone is fed, no one gets hurt, and all members end the season with wonderful memories it is a successful season.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As long as everyone is fed, no one gets hurt, and all members end the season with wonderful memories it is a successful season.  

Amen to that!!!