Who makes top 12?

To the Colts credit , the last time I looked they came out of the pandemic years in very good shape financially compared to some other more notable Corps . In these challenging economic times , thats no small feat and should help them this season and beyond , imo . 

Edited by Boss Anova

16 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

Assuming that the top 11 return to finals (obviously minus SCV), who gets the extra spot? Crossmen, Blue Knights, Madison or Academy? Does another corps drop out?

the top 12 scoring corps at Fridays semi finals

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the top 12 scoring corps at Fridays semi finals

Before or after penalties though?

21 hours ago, C.Holland said:

that's not how this works anymore.  How many times do you see ads for "WE NEED A STAR (insert skillset)".  Snare, Rifle, Dancer, Lead Trumpet...  pick your poison.   The higher talent level you have, the less time teaching the basics you need to do, and the more time you spend teaching the show. 

K

Edit* 

I disagree on so many levels. Granted, to win championships that's what you do... but that isn't the message of this organization. It's to teach. 

And as I'm thinking about it... if I were an instructor at this level and I had a group of kids that may not be the best right now, but had great potential, well, I would work my rear off to make them the best they can be. You can build champions off of this method. Regardless of the scandal a great example of my philosophy are the Houston Astros. Just saying.

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

K

Edit* 

I disagree on so many levels. Granted, to win championships that's what you do... but that isn't the message of this organization. It's to teach. 

And as I'm thinking about it... if I were an instructor at this level and I had a group of kids that may not be the best right now, but had great potential, well, I would work my rear off to make them the best they can be. You can build champions off of this method. Regardless of the scandal a great example of my philosophy are the Houston Astros. Just saying.

ok.  missions are great for applying for funding. 

but see again, unless the corps is in an incredible bind. 99.9% of the time they'll search for the talent before they truly have to move someone up an then water the part.  this is that era of drum corps.   

24 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

but see again, unless the corps is in an incredible bind. 99.9% of the time they'll search for the talent before they truly have to move someone up an then water the part.  this is that era of drum corps.   

are you basing this on your experience at the Raiders?

6 hours ago, C.Holland said:

True, but I would rather take the person who has heart and at least an ounce of talent. The longevity is better.

As an example, i'm currently working with a kid that went down the WRONG path. I thought he looked familiar from the news, but it's not my business to look into his life as I have land tobpay for. Today he admitted to me that he did some stupid things in his life, went to jail multiple times, and just wants his GED, a good job, and some good money to live on for the rest of his life. The kid just turned 19... 

Don Warren, I believe, would have given him a shot. Yes, he would have needed to study, rehearsed, watched, and learned how to be better.... but what else is new to The Cavaliers or DCI? 

More or less, it's not about championships or placements.... it's about education. Teaching someone to be the best they can be is the greatest mission... I mean money funding you can come up with.

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Before or after penalties though?

always after