Just an idea, SCV

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm booking a room on the Cavies floor. Nonstop cavies shows on TV, bbq, and dinner with Mr. Mast lol!!!

So I am assuming you like the Cavaliers?

LMAO.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Pretty sure he likes Cavies the way I like Vanguard. Just a hunch. 🤗

You should ask him about contras.

Oh I know it was a lame attempt at a joke on my part. Lol.

Hook'em has been one of my favorite DCP'ers for years. 

His love for the Cavies is unmatched. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

If SCV was based in Texas over the last several years this would not have kept the corps out of the financial trouble they are in. A move does not fix bad management.

SCV will never get Silicon Valley Bingo Income anywhere else in the USA. They also own the building they are in, and surrounded by insane real estate prices. 

If they cash out of that situation that will be the end of them. SCV is able to keep 6X the bingo revenue they generate relative to the Blue Devils. If they didn't have insane fiscal mismanagement they'd be able to coast on Bingo all the way with just two Corps that run modest budgets, or one Corps with an insane budget. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I don't see the problem with Cavies moving to the greatest state of the land..... unless they are concerned about me popping up randomly at their headquarters.

.......... or trying to sneak into their meetings on show design.

You'd be helping though, so maybe that would be your "in"?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

LOL, I get it. Remember, I was part of the age cohort that built the Texas bands programs into what they are today as both a student and an instructor. Big names. Hebron. Flower Mound. Frisco. Lake Highlands. But I also never saw marching members as customers to be catered to. I saw them as students to be taught. Pollyanna.

I welcome them to try it honestly, but they'd be silly not to prepare for the backlash from alum. Justified or not.

Crossmen alumni still #### and moan....16 years later. Cadets alumni have been complaining since 2004 or whenever they left Jersey, and are now 7 hours further west

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Other than the Xmen what other corps are in TX? If this is such a cheap place to run a corps...one would think this state would be in abundance or corps.

The idea has merit, but satisfactory execution is highly unlikely. What was the SCV Cadet corps is dependent on CA members, what was the SCV A-Corps has so much member talent coming from all over it makes logistical sense to be loser to tour locations (i.e. where are all the NASCAR teams HQ'd). 

But the execution of it will fall completely flat and deplete the organization of its economic means. 

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Genesis (Austin) & Guardians (Houston). 

+ one or two Sound Sport groups, right?