2023 DCA Competitions

stansea

DCA does not have a 2023 schedule posted (yet).  If you go on each corps website, Reading and Hawthorne are the only corps I've found that have a schedule posted.  

• 4 weeks later...

From what I've heard, the Kingston show, typically held the first Saturday of August, is not happening this year. Not sure of the reason, but it is a real shame, was always one of the best shows of the year 🙁

On 3/29/2023 at 12:57 PM, MJVMusic said:

From what I've heard, the Kingston show, typically held the first Saturday of August, is not happening this year. Not sure of the reason, but it is a real shame, was always one of the best shows of the year 🙁

Might have something to do with DCI East in Allentown.   

The schedule on dci.org has Bushwackers and Fusion Core performing on Friday, and Hawthorne Caballeros and Reading Buccaneers performing on Saturday.

Friday line-up
https://www.dci.org/events/2023-dci-eastern-classic

Saturday line-up
https://www.dci.org/events/2023-dci-eastern-classic-2

Edited by ykw

running against Allentown was never a good idea. DCA tried it in Scranton one year and had MBI come in and it didnt draw as well

Kingston never had a problem with Allentown...

Counting the POW WOW and the Children Home one of the longest and most successful shows...

I remember Ralph Silverbrand having the Cabs mark time on the old dirt field and bring a dust storm when the corps used to back up at the starting lineup....

Bucs never showed up because they gave the corp off that weekend...

All the other DCA corps made it to this show many times at different years....

And a mainstay for Sky and Cabs Alum corps

No show this year because city is investing many dollars in rebuilding Dietz Stadium and will be closed down for over a year.......

4 hours ago, joefanalum said:

Kingston never had a problem with Allentown...

Counting the POW WOW and the Children Home one of the longest and most successful shows...

I remember Ralph Silverbrand having the Cabs mark time on the old dirt field and bring a dust storm when the corps used to back up at the starting lineup....

Bucs never showed up because they gave the corp off that weekend...

All the other DCA corps made it to this show many times at different years....

And a mainstay for Sky and Cabs Alum corps

No show this year because city is investing many dollars in rebuilding Dietz Stadium and will be closed down for over a year.......

i never marched there in my years at Westshore, in fact i don't remember the corps ever being there good or bad years. but i do know several people that when Kingston and East ran head to head would go to East and not Kingston because of how rare it was getting to be to see top DCI corps on the East Coast

I've heard the stadium in Kingston is being renovated/replaced. 

Could be the reason for no Kingston show this year.

Or I could be totally wrong. In which case, carry on. 😂

• Haha 1

https://westfaironline.com/combined/20m-stadium-and-pool-project-gaining-ground-in-kingston/

wish i'd have known about this.  would have bid on it for design scope.  bah. 

• Thanks 1