Controversial shows

I think the Cadets show in 2019 was controversial  in that the emphasis was on DOING BETTER ...Given the turmoil surrounding the corps coming from the Hop escapades, doing better looked liked an over produced apology to the whole world..The props were huge, the music forgettable, the uniforms elaborate and the judges were kind, IMO..Not blaming the mm's because that was what they were given..I just remember the Peggy Lee song (Is that all there is) after seeing each Cadet show that season, hoping there were changes coming to rescue the program.. Glad they eventually did get better..Peace

20 hours ago, Mikah said:

I loved that show, but I don't recall ever seeing "Naked Jesus".  I guess my attention was focused on something else happening on the field.

Oh it was there….lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

@2:04 😂

Which one is your son?

He’s the sweaty guy with the ratty towel around his waist… and nothing else. 🤪

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 4:36 PM, keystone3ply said:

@2:04 😂

Hmmm, I can't say that it bothered me enough to even think about it... Other uniforms have been more over-the-top and controversial showing the "middle area" of guys' bodies.  The guy @ 2:04 was covered up in "that area" better than unitards I've seen from SpinCycle guard uniforms, or even the "Stoned Trumpet Soloist".

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, waliman4444 said:

I think the Cadets show in 2019 was controversial  in that the emphasis was on DOING BETTER ...Given the turmoil surrounding the corps coming from the Hop escapades, doing better looked liked an over produced apology to the whole world..The props were huge, the music forgettable, the uniforms elaborate and the judges were kind, IMO..Not blaming the mm's because that was what they were given..I just remember the Peggy Lee song (Is that all there is) after seeing each Cadet show that season, hoping there were changes coming to rescue the program.. Glad they eventually did get better..Peace

well the tenors did better anyway

Whenever someone does Book of Mormon.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sideways said:

I imagine the controversy could be maxed out if The Battalion did this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sideways said:

Love that show! I saw it in London in the West End. I also would love to see a corps do Spamalot. The issue with both would be having to sing the entire corps show, since the lyrics are a good part of what makes the shows funny.

• Like 1