Vanguard CEO resigns

Whole nine days to turn everything over? 🤔

• Like 1

Unsurprising. The key is the replacement because the lack of stability is a huge reason for their current predicament 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We’ve been waiting for this shoe to drop … the question is, who can turn things around?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

We’ve been waiting for this shoe to drop … the question is, who can turn things around?

"But Dave's out.  Who's gonna take his place?"

"Is the answer Jesus?"  $1.00 to Ned Braden - Slapshot

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Whole nine days to turn everything over? 🤔

I was a little vague… Only nine days to turn over all the duties required of a director. And who is he turning over (translation: explaining all the #### he has to do) everything to? Group of people trying to let things not get more screwed up until replacement set? Or to someone filling in temporary, then that person has to turn the whole mess over (again) to someone permanent. 
Hell took me about two months to turn over the catch all tech stuff I did. Then main person had a breakdown that it was too much (8 days before I left). 😱

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

If George B, JW, or Steve B roll up, I imagine alumni donations about to increase tenfold.

Depends on what the role of the new ED is.  If it's going to be to rebuild the organization's finances and employment structure to fit a touring drum corps (or two), not sure there's a whole lot of transition time needed, as they're pretty much at zero now, and the new guy or gal can do it their way.

If it's to oversee the dissolution of the org (not even hinting that's the case, but it's an option) or conversion into something else, again, they're already at zero.  Not a lot of transition time needed, and the new guy or gal will handle it their way here as well.

Also, the last time this happened for SCV, didn't a couple of BoD members step in as temporary directors?  No reason they couldn't do that again too.

Mike

• Like 2