Vanguard CEO resigns

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

True, but thinking of people who didn’t see the Renegades checking out their shows. 🤯🤯🤯🤯 

Still have my “Drum Corps Is Evil” shirt…

In DCA, where anything west of the Appalachian mountains is an outsider, they were the ultimate outsider (although Yokohama Inspires is from even further).  And SF used it to their advantage- a (Rene)guard dressed in goth leather & makeup made a statement.  Evil indeed.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedUnit said:

Denise B isn't doing anything these days...and she did such a bang-up job with the Cadets...hmmm🤔

I’d rather Trooper Fred

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What just occurred to me is to hire someone from the team that created the San Fransisco Renegades.

One person in particular, who is both a SCV vet & former SCV instructor, comes to mind.  Due to his profession he understands the entertainment business, especially from the legal side.  I am not going to name him (his reaction might well be that he doesn't want to touch SCV with a 80-yard pole).

He used to be quite active on DCP; IDK if he is still lurking.  

For the board I can see it. His expertise would be good there. Top slot? No

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What just occurred to me is to hire someone from the team that created the San Fransisco Renegades.

One person in particular, who is both a SCV vet & former SCV instructor, comes to mind.  Due to his profession he understands the entertainment business, especially from the legal side.  I am not going to name him (his reaction might well be that he doesn't want to touch SCV with a 80-yard pole).

He used to be quite active on DCP; IDK if he is still lurking.  

This is a very interesting proposition......

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’d rather Trooper Fred

I nominate Poppycock.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

In DCA, where anything west of the Appalachian mountains is an outsider, they were the ultimate outsider (although Yokohama Inspires is from even further).  And SF used it to their advantage- a (Rene)guard dressed in goth leather & makeup made a statement.  Evil indeed.  

Yes, we did make a statement!  That uniform died a pure evil death after the season was over. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

True, but thinking of people who didn’t see the Renegades checking out their shows. 🤯🤯🤯🤯 

Still have my “Drum Corps Is Evil” shirt…

But the on field product after say 2006 was very same. I loved them and made friends with more than a few of them but the on field product alone isn’t enough to justify that hire.

and…. While rocking the boat can be good used selectively, too much turns people off. And that happened in the case of the person discussed. Even now when he occasionally surfaces and throws out ideas they gain little traction. It gets people talking but there’s no way the ideas work without causing more damage.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I nominate Poppycock.

Fred brought Troop back from almost dead and built the foundation leading to today. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think the joke there was they got the guard unis from the Castro District in SF.

So...much...pearl....clutching...

• Haha 4