Vanguard CEO resigns

8 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

I think he's still BD's legal counsel, so I doubt he'd be interested in wading into SCV's issues.

and wouldn't blame him. and BD being BD can keep anyone in line

On 3/9/2023 at 11:53 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

What just occurred to me is to hire someone from the team that created the San Fransisco Renegades.

One person in particular, who is both a SCV vet & former SCV instructor, comes to mind.  Due to his profession he understands the entertainment business, especially from the legal side.  I am not going to name him (his reaction might well be that he doesn't want to touch SCV with a 80-yard pole).

He used to be quite active on DCP; IDK if he is still lurking.  

GOD NO. 

That organization was an absolute #### show from an operations and culture perspective, and if we're thinking of the same person, he's not fit for running SCV in any capacity. 

Edited by MarimbaManiac
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2023 at 9:35 PM, Jeff Ream said:

and wouldn't blame him. and BD being BD can keep anyone in line

If BD had the same amount of whistleblowers disclosing their stories to me, I can guarantee they wouldn't be able to "keep me in line" whatever grossness that means. This isn't the military or a cult... I don't think...

Anyway, SCV deserves a better culture, one where "keeping someone in line" isn't necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

If BD had the same amount of whistleblowers disclosing their stories to me, I can guarantee they wouldn't be able to "keep me in line" whatever grossness that means. This isn't the military or a cult... I don't think...

Anyway, SCV deserves a better culture, one where "keeping someone in line" isn't necessary.

Concerning cat-calls etc aimed at individuals standing at attention:  Whatever instructors were around (& there are always instructors around) should have intervened immediately, and SCV leadership talked to offending Corps leadership.   I’m pretty sure people running the other Corps could find something for the cat-callers to do.  Pealing potatoes for the food truck, deep cleaning the semi trailers, etc.  

• Like 1

Imagine the super corps if Jeff Fiedler and he who shall not be named teamed up….