March Madness DCI Edition

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wow. i debated not voting. i really don't like either show that much ( i know, here comes the haters)

I was a little stunned.  I like 2002 Cavaliers but it’s not in the rarified air of some of those other shows.  I’ve always thought 2012 Crown was a better show that 2013.  Oh well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was a little stunned.  I like 2002 Cavaliers but it’s not in the rarified air of some of those other shows.  I’ve always thought 2012 Crown was a better show that 2013.  Oh well. 

Think it had to do with the pairings?  Anyway, for multiple voting, probably need to clean the cookies. 😆 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree with Crown. I enjoyed the 2012 show over 2013.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

After a few days of nails bitters, blow outs and upsets galore, the final 2 are here….

Carolina Crown 2013 vs The Cavaliers 2002

For this round, we’ll have a little more fun. You’ll be able to vote as often and as many times as you want! Just close the browser after you vote and reopen the link! Voting will close at 6pm ET tomorrow!

Championship Bracket: 

https://www.polltab.com/bracket-poll/jZpD-IRVpoRE

2 hours left to decide our tournament winner!

Interesting tournament results! Thanks for arranging!

The things that surprised me most:

• How far SCV 1998 made it. Great show, but...
  • How close Cadets 1985 vs Cadets 1990 was (19 vs 17 votes). Cadets 1985 is a masterpiece and the perfect endcap on their 3-peat.
  • SCV 2017 beating Blue Devils 1986, wow! But then, pleasantly surprised Stonehenge slid past SCV 17.
  • Fairly surprised that Cadets 93 beat Babylon. I agree with it, just surprised.
  • I like Spartacus a lot, but I groaned a bit that it beat Cadets 84 so handily.
  • Some votes for Cavies 05, against PR 89?? 😋 Interesting. But then, kind of surprised how easily PR 89 beat SCV 99.
  • Also, some votes for BD 07 up against Star 93?? WOW. (Sorry, just can't get into much of BD 07)
Edited by chris ncsu
Said scv 93 but meant star
  • Like 2

I was pulling for Cavies 2002. I love Crown and always enjoy them. I was never able to see Cavies in 2002 but I remember seeing the show on TV I think and after on YouTube. I must have watched/listened to that show a hundred times at least. I marveled at the perfection of the drill and how perfectly the whole show comes together. It was after that I decided to participate in the activity fully. I started buying CD's and going to shows as often as I could, so THAT show was what got me hooked. I'm sure others have similar experiences where certain shows just spoke to you.  

9 minutes ago, frank4now said:

I was pulling for Cavies 2002. I love Crown and always enjoy them. I was never able to see Cavies in 2002 but I remember seeing the show on TV I think and after on YouTube. I must have watched/listened to that show a hundred times at least. I marveled at the perfection of the drill and how perfectly the whole show comes together. It was after that I decided to participate in the activity fully. I started buying CD's and going to shows as often as I could, so THAT show was what got me hooked. I'm sure others have similar experiences where certain shows just spoke to you.  

The Cavaliers were incredible that season.... I wish I could have seen it live. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Also wanted to say thank you to everyone for participating! Especially the more active posters in @Hook'emCavies@jwillis35 @Terri Schehr @keystone3ply Turned out to be a lot of fun and hope everyone enjoyed as well! Open to ideas for future tournaments as well!

Still hoping for an all Cavies tournament 

• Like 2