Mom Gilbert: A Troopers Pioneering Volunteer

There is an untold number of people across the country who think “mom” when they hear Traute Gilbert’s name. Gilbert, a Casper, Wyoming resident, is the mother of five children, four of whom proudly marched with Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps. In addition to her own children, legions of Troopers’ alumni think of Gilbert as […]

View the full article

• Like 4

What a great article about a wonderful supporter. Thinking back, there were a whole lot of "Moms" in the corps I marched with. At my last reunion, only a small handful of them left made me wish I'd given out a boatload more thank yous along the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to “Mom Gilbert” for her recognition. This is how the activity survived over the years….a mix of local donors and a ton of Moms n’ Dads. We owe them all a debit of gratitude.

My mom was the equivalent of Ms Gilbert at Regiment. She cooked, she sold souvies, she had the section patch table at the Regiment souvie booth for years. It’s all about putting faces to the activity. Year after year it was the same faces supporting their corps. From BD to Cavies to Troopers to Glassmen to Cadets to Regiment.  It lent a sense of family/familiarity to the activity. All corps have them and they should never be forgotten for their contributions to the activity.

Kudos to you wonderful volunteers!

• Like 3