am i the only one?

I know I was wondering the same thing. The Sr corps forum is all about Renegades and Crunchy Frog for the most part. Haven't heard anything else about any other corps or reviews really.

I was really hoping for some more reviews.

It looks like all the discussion/comments were about Renegades and Crunchy Frog, Jim Russo retiring and Vince Bruni. All worthy subjects but there was more going on all weekend worth a few reviews.

All righty then......

Finals night....

Kingston Grenadiers: Good show to start off the finals. Bright yellow color set the mood for the rest of the evening. Better show then prelims (although prelims was still a good show), but the crowd really liked them a lot. I did too. What a corp to set the standard for the rest of the night...worth seeing again.

Roch. Crusaders: another good show to watch. Very nice to have a classical show mixed in this year. They put on a very good performance for the crowd. The 'jingle' sticks should have been louder at the end (just for the excitement), but all in all it was a great show.

How can the bottom 2 corps so far, be this good I asked. Can't wait for the rest.

CorpVets: Another great show. Come on DCA, when does one go down for a drink or hot-dog? What an impressive show they had that night. Guard was keeping the attention of the audience, but I didn't expect the show to be this good. Nice music and a neat looking drill to keep your attention. Then they hit you at the end of the show and it tore the audience up....many people were impressed with this corp, as I was.

Bushwackers: a show about the moon? Whoa, listen to that hornline. Clean and tight. Very nice show. A little distracting with some of the music, but they did it all well.

Now the audience is getting fidgety in their seats. When do you go to the bathroom? I need a drink but don't want to miss the next show.

Buccaneers: A small hornline with a big hornline sound. WOW, impressive indeed! Drumline still moves a lot without playing, which is standard for Buccs I guess, but it sure did fit their show. The funeral scene was GREAT! This was the first year in many that I really like this show. Really stuck to the theme, and everyone appreciated it. Thanks Buccs for the entertainment.

Minn Brass: Huge corp, first real biggy of the night. Powerful too, not exactly the cleanest, but it was raw power. Audience loved the ballad, it was really sweet. Couldn't help but notice the drumlines drill during that, it was cool as all heck. Great show! Just needed to brush up on the spacing problems and a tiny bit on the horn problems. Otherwise, another fantastic show. How can this be topped?

Still need to pee, but can't leave the seat yet....Renegades are next.

Renegades: VERY loud hornline. Again not the cleanest, but loud. Nice drill too, very impressive. I actually loved that guard. Audience was impressed until people were pointing out that they didn't move when they were blasting. Still GREAT, but some were catching on to that fact. Loved the beginning crab walk, again, not playing, but cool anyway. People all love LOUD and they provided it for sure. Marching could have been much better.

If people buy the video/DVD, please watch everyone closely and you will see some of what I'm talking about.

Empire: now how do you follow the Renegades and impress us? I don't know how they did it with such a small hornline, but what an entertaining show!! To say the least! Guard was the best of the night....real showy....opener was good and ballad was good (especially Joe Pero), but when they did that tap dancing on the field....whew....just blew everyone away. What an entertaining corp.

Brigadiers: thought they won the prelims, but that's another story. VERY, Very impressive hornline. Typical Blue Devils stuff....keep a section playing at all times and you won't notice the release mistakes. Fooled a lot. Great show though, with a good guard show too. I think the guard really made this show stand out. Not that the horns didn't do it, they were impressive enough, but the guard 'framed' the corp nicely. A must see on DVD.

Caballeros: A true Champion. They came out with the attitude and it showed. It actually carried into the audience. Hornline really shined tonight. Drums were good too. M&M could have been better especially when they jazz ran and stopped. Spacing wasn't so hot....again.....watch the video and see for yourself. But the music and show was enough to put the audience into a frenzy. Dare anyone say, they won't win? Never happen, they had the audience going crazy. Just one great powerful show.

Actually the whole finals was the best I've seen in MANY MANY years at DCA. Not one corp was a let down....AT ALL. It was well worth seeing I'll tell ya, and I will definately buy the video this year. This is one evening that you will watch over and over again.

All righty then......

Finals night....

Kingston Grenadiers: Good show to start off the finals. Bright yellow color set the mood for the rest of the evening. Better show then prelims (although prelims was still a good show), but the crowd really liked them a lot. I did too. What a corp to set the standard for the rest of the night...worth seeing again.

Roch. Crusaders: another good show to watch. Very nice to have a classical show mixed in this year. They put on a very good performance for the crowd. The 'jingle' sticks should have been louder at the end (just for the excitement), but all in all it was a great show.

How can the bottom 2 corps so far, be this good I asked. Can't wait for the rest.

CorpVets: Another great show. Come on DCA, when does one go down for a drink or hot-dog? What an impressive show they had that night. Guard was keeping the attention of the audience, but I didn't expect the show to be this good. Nice music and a neat looking drill to keep your attention. Then they hit you at the end of the show and it tore the audience up....many people were impressed with this corp, as I was.

Bushwackers: a show about the moon? Whoa, listen to that hornline. Clean and tight. Very nice show. A little distracting with some of the music, but they did it all well.

Now the audience is getting fidgety in their seats. When do you go to the bathroom? I need a drink but don't want to miss the next show.

Buccaneers: A small hornline with a big hornline sound. WOW, impressive indeed! Drumline still moves a lot without playing, which is standard for Buccs I guess, but it sure did fit their show. The funeral scene was GREAT! This was the first year in many that I really like this show. Really stuck to the theme, and everyone appreciated it. Thanks Buccs for the entertainment.

Minn Brass: Huge corp, first real biggy of the night. Powerful too, not exactly the cleanest, but it was raw power. Audience loved the ballad, it was really sweet. Couldn't help but notice the drumlines drill during that, it was cool as all heck. Great show! Just needed to brush up on the spacing problems and a tiny bit on the horn problems. Otherwise, another fantastic show. How can this be topped?

Still need to pee, but can't leave the seat yet....Renegades are next.

Renegades: VERY loud hornline. Again not the cleanest, but loud. Nice drill too, very impressive. I actually loved that guard. Audience was impressed until people were pointing out that they didn't move when they were blasting. Still GREAT, but some were catching on to that fact. Loved the beginning crab walk, again, not playing, but cool anyway. People all love LOUD and they provided it for sure. Marching could have been much better.

If people buy the video/DVD, please watch everyone closely and you will see some of what I'm talking about.

Empire: now how do you follow the Renegades and impress us? I don't know how they did it with such a small hornline, but what an entertaining show!! To say the least! Guard was the best of the night....real showy....opener was good and ballad was good (especially Joe Pero), but when they did that tap dancing on the field....whew....just blew everyone away. What an entertaining corp.

Brigadiers: thought they won the prelims, but that's another story. VERY, Very impressive hornline. Typical Blue Devils stuff....keep a section playing at all times and you won't notice the release mistakes. Fooled a lot. Great show though, with a good guard show too. I think the guard really made this show stand out. Not that the horns didn't do it, they were impressive enough, but the guard 'framed' the corp nicely. A must see on DVD.

Caballeros: A true Champion. They came out with the attitude and it showed. It actually carried into the audience. Hornline really shined tonight. Drums were good too. M&M could have been better especially when they jazz ran and stopped. Spacing wasn't so hot....again.....watch the video and see for yourself. But the music and show was enough to put the audience into a frenzy. Dare anyone say, they won't win? Never happen, they had the audience going crazy. Just one great powerful show.

Actually the whole finals was the best I've seen in MANY MANY years at DCA. Not one corp was a let down....AT ALL. It was well worth seeing I'll tell ya, and I will definately buy the video this year. This is one evening that you will watch over and over again.

um...... kingstons DIDNT start of finals...a few corps were before them.... care to review us?