Per the California Attorney General Vanguard is operating illegally as a non profit

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Sooooo, how’s the SCV repair work going?  Any updates from the leadership?  Is there leadership?  Is there a functional revamped BOD ?  I’m sensing 2024 isn’t happening.  Is there Bingo #2 (aka The Savior) happening?  It has been very quiet.

Wasn’t it March when someone was going to step in as head “temporarily” as they found someone? 🤷🏻

5 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Trying to use it primarily to diminish injuries. Pointing one's feet only appears aesthetic on the surface, but it's actually training for safe jumping and landing technique. And it's foundational in the techniques colorguards are attempting to teach. Pair poor technique with cement or linoleum floors and poof, you get injuries.

This so.  I remember my senior year in HS we had a dance feature by what was the poms line (who no longer used poms) as this was the days before the whole integrated multi-skilled guard stuff was happening.  They had one part where half would drop to a kneel and the other half did a leap jump over them in near splits as they could with arms extended upward (there's probably technical name for that leap that I don't know).  

The guard typically rehearsed most of the time on a grass auxiliary field back of the football stadium, but they'd join us on the parking lot for run throughs.  

There were a fair few ankle sprains that resulted in swaps between kneelers and jumpers for that move that year.  

I do recall them being instructed to point their toes though as one girl...who was a super diva...would pull out pictures after big shows and "see, me and ___" are the only ones doing it with a beautiful toe point so it looks like it's supposed to!"   So she was instructed to do it right, but apparently not ... why.   

I can't but wonder if the "why" would have had others working harder to point toes on that move.  

It does seem a bit counter intuitive though as one may psychologically 'feel' more stable landing on a flat foot or heel, but the impact to the ankle is...astounding.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It does seem a bit counter intuitive though as one may psychologically 'feel' more stable landing on a flat foot or heel, but the impact to the ankle is...astounding.

The amount of foot extension (pointed feet, curled toes) varies depending on the dance's culture of origin. There are many cultural dances that don't point their feet while jumping.

Colorguards, often at best, feign ballet and American modern dance techniques though. Those techniques rely on 1) safe, sprung floors and 2) years of technical training for most people.

BD has had the most consistent legacy of excellent dance technicians.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Sooooo, how’s the SCV repair work going?  Any updates from the leadership?  Is there leadership?  Is there a functional revamped BOD ?  I’m sensing 2024 isn’t happening.  Is there Bingo #2 (aka The Savior) happening?  It has been very quiet.

Is there leadership?

That is a good question. It's all speculation. Any such leadership hasn't been publicly announced. 

I speculate it's been very quiet because things are very uncertain. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I don't see how you can't operate under the assumption that 24 is happening. Anything but spells the ultimate demise of the organization. 

This is spot on.

They have to come up with something. Or I was right all along. 

It doesn't need to collapse. They are sitting on $3M net bingo income a year absent of all other revenue sources. So it begs the question: why are they doing so poorly? Where is the Bingo net income really going absent of music programs to spend it on? 

If SCV goes away, those bingo customers are still out there playing bingo elsewhere. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 11:21 AM, MikeD said:

There have been comments that she should not be hired because of her father. That is what my comment was aimed at. Whether or not her technical skills are up to snuff I leave to others, as I am far from capable of knowing that.

given she was working with a high level BOA program and they got raves the other year, i'm sure she has the skills and knowledge to teach well and safe. and you can pick your nose, but not your family...so unless she was involved in the actions that led to litigation, leave her alone

• Like 6

I take a 4 month break for school and this happens, wow!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I take a 4 month break for school and this happens, wow!

Miss a little here you miss a lot. Welcome back. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 12:40 PM, KVG_DC said:

Then there’s the Juilliard grad who made that epic critique of the musicality of SCV 2018 that was just WILD in its claims. 🤣

where was this? i wanna see. need a laugh