Blue Knights 2023

22 minutes ago, Scringus said:

Spring Training in Colorado is lovely, certainly a plus to marching BK. Nothing quite beats seeing the rockies from the field. Although if you're not careful the sun is deadly at altitude, I got sunburned just from learning drill at April camp lol. Onto matters about the season, I'm happy to offer my perspective as a member of BK 22 and BK 23. The staff this year, really know what they're doing, and and working overtime to make sure we have a successful summer. Design wise and Prep-wise (no pun intended), we are lightyears ahead of where we were at this point last season. Members had a fully fleshed out show concept in January, while last year we waited till April to get just the half baked concept.  We have much more of the music, and have played most of our book at a camp so far. April Camp was spent learning drill, and we have the entire opener on the move with music. This is a drastic change from 22, when we were about 3 weeks into spring training before we had the opener down. We also have been covering dance fundamentals, as well as learning choreo and working with the wonderful people at Marching Health to strengthen our vis. I've been having so much more fun receiving more content and harder content to work on visually before the season. We also have something special cooking up in the battery that y'all won't want to miss this summer. Not only do we have some very talented members and a cooking book, courtesy of Jeff Ausdemore, but I dare say we'll be putting a percussion instrument on the field that no one has seen in drum corps before. Back in December I was very much on the fence about whether coming back to BK this year was the right choice, but seeing all the changes the admin and new staff have brought, I couldn't be more optimistic for our season. Vibe was certainly a disappointing show to say the least, but I think fans are really going to like what we have in store this yea

Good luck to you! I hope you and everyone marching this year have a fun, safe and wonderful summer!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Scringus said:

Spring Training in Colorado is lovely, certainly a plus to marching BK. Nothing quite beats seeing the rockies from the field. Although if you're not careful the sun is deadly at altitude, I got sunburned just from learning drill at April camp lol. Onto matters about the season, I'm happy to offer my perspective as a member of BK 22 and BK 23. The staff this year, really know what they're doing, and and working overtime to make sure we have a successful summer. Design wise and Prep-wise (no pun intended), we are lightyears ahead of where we were at this point last season. Members had a fully fleshed out show concept in January, while last year we waited till April to get just the half baked concept.  We have much more of the music, and have played most of our book at a camp so far. April Camp was spent learning drill, and we have the entire opener on the move with music. This is a drastic change from 22, when we were about 3 weeks into spring training before we had the opener down. We also have been covering dance fundamentals, as well as learning choreo and working with the wonderful people at Marching Health to strengthen our vis. I've been having so much more fun receiving more content and harder content to work on visually before the season. We also have something special cooking up in the battery that y'all won't want to miss this summer. Not only do we have some very talented members and a cooking book, courtesy of Jeff Ausdemore, but I dare say we'll be putting a percussion instrument on the field that no one has seen in drum corps before. Back in December I was very much on the fence about whether coming back to BK this year was the right choice, but seeing all the changes the admin and new staff have brought, I couldn't be more optimistic for our season. Vibe was certainly a disappointing show to say the least, but I think fans are really going to like what we have in store this yea

So what happened to letting the show speak for itself when the time comes? Not a good look for the organization!

• Confused 10

1 hour ago, Scringus said:

I'm looking forward to it!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Bringing it back to the Blue Knights, I toured Estes Park several years ago on the road to their home show in Denver when it was held at the old "Mile High" stadium.  Absolutely breath taking. (Stayed overnight in Loveland.)  Seen any Moose? Don't get too close... 😁

I haven't seen a moose yet. Some elk and I was observing Longs Peak from Rainbow curve. It was awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I haven't seen a moose yet. Some elk and I was observing Longs Peak from Rainbow curve. It was awesome!

I went to Estes Park many years ago (during frontier days, it was awesome).  Driving up into the park I saw a lot of stopped cars that were stopped to see in the valley, a herd of Elk.  About 30 or more.  So cool.  Got some good pics.  Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1