Interesting observation

PR’s ‘23 show details has only generated two pages of discussions, since being announced 4 days ago, while the “BOA bans ensemble amplification…” has generated 46 pages of discussion since being posted 6 days ago.  Thought PR’s announcement of their new musical direction might stir more discussion.  Apparently, amplification is a concern after all.  

• Like 1

If i want to watch a concert, i simply go to my normal job.   Drum corps was great until it felt like my normal job.  sigh.

If I want to watch Cirque du Soleil, I'll buy tickets.

Arranging classical music for drum corps in a way that reveals the emotion of the composer is highest art, IMO.  

Amps and electronics applies to all corps.  Phantom's music direction change is only important to those of us who appreciate their hat tip to the classical genre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

show announcements and pre-season hype releases are hype. speculation. i have seen some show announcements that had me all fired up....and then i saw the show. so i really just wait til i actually see it, especially since too often you need research to get it.

as for the BOA thread...you know #### well it'l bleed over to DCI. in fact some of it was proposed this past Januals

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

It's also interesting on their Website their show still says "Coming Soon". Maybe that's why there is little chatter. So there is NO official show announcement from PR. Just chatter.

The show theme, the repertoire, the uniforms were officially announced on Saturday so it’s not really chatter any longer.

Sorry if you missed the Phanathon. It was quite good

44 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

The show theme, the repertoire, the uniforms were officially announced on Saturday so it’s not really chatter any longer.

Officially announced, but where are they posted?  Interested minds want to know!  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Officially announced, but where are they posted?  Interested minds want to know!  :rolleyes:

I would imagine they will post them when other corps start to post their 2023 programs. We were fortunate to get a sneak preview.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

The Phanathon required people to create an account with their personal information (e-mail) which some of us are reluctant to do. Thus, there are many of us who "missed" the Phanathon information. Cadets reveals are accessed by anyone and does not require personal information. (Just a slow reveal based on # of donations). 

Edited by denverjohn
correction