What Can/Can’t Be Changed to Help

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

🎶 “Hershey Park crappy

Hershey Park sad

When you’ve been there, you know you’ve been had” 🎶 

Just did Chocolate World for first time in years and hear that “nothing like the face of a kid eating a Hershey’s bar” tune. Except we’d replace “eating” with “puking up”. 😈

Local guy flashback folks…

Made me think of that dumb old jingle myself!

• Sad 1

I think, Jim, that the only thing that can really be changed is how some corps raise funds and the need to increase funding. Money seems to be the hangup and getting that money. Cost cutting seems to not be desired, nor would it really help in many instances. Too many consequences when some of the cost saving possibilities are examined. Cause and effect.

F1 has established a spending cap, but I can't see that happening here. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The mouse trap? 😂 

oh no....i went there mostly willingly last summer before then. i say mostly because i finally got to Galaxys Edge, met Vader, drank at the cantina and due to heat i puked on the Magic Kingdom. I lived every 6 year olds dream!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Was that the Les Miz show? 

yep. and to the best of my memory i saw 7 of them. in fact i saw 2 different endings in 24 hours

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BigW said:

More likely the place full of chocolatey kisses where Jeff was unamused. He wasn't Hershey Park happy. :thumbdown:

no amusement park makes me happy. i'm not a rides guy. especially in the summer since thats my busy season

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no amusement park makes me happy. i'm not a rides guy. especially in the summer since thats my busy season

Some of the rides at HP are too violent. Seen the way heads snapped around on the Sidewinder and there was no way I was there. The coasters at Kennywood, yeah, even though they're pretty intense, they won't beat you up.

On 5/22/2023 at 4:19 AM, BigW said:

Some of the rides at HP are too violent. Seen the way heads snapped around on the Sidewinder and there was no way I was there. The coasters at Kennywood, yeah, even though they're pretty intense, they won't beat you up.

Edited by Terri Schehr

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh no....i went there mostly willingly last summer before then. i say mostly because i finally got to Galaxys Edge, met Vader, drank at the cantina and due to heat i puked on the Magic Kingdom. I lived every 6 year olds dream!

Drank the blue milk? 😁

4 hours ago, BigW said:

Completely OT, but best park for coasters I’ve ever been to was Knotts Berry Farm.  Albeit many years ago.  
For you Jersey/NY/Philly folks there was Action Park 😎

Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH and King's Island near Cincinnati were the mainstays of summer road trips for my family growing up.   Cedar Point was supposed to be the one with the 'cooler rides' but my sister and I typically liked King's Island better.

In college we did a road trip to Cedar Point and in the evening some parade had all the remaining crowd away from the rides so we decided "Let's see how many times in a row we can ride the Witch's Wheel."   The answer was three.

Did Six Flags out by Bowie, MD here with a Deaf Blind camp one time and was with the 'yes I'll do rides' group to assist. Was a hoot doing the rides then seeing them describe them to each other.  The only one we didn't like was Joker's Wild.  It's a compact thing and that he seats had head bumpers to hold your head in place should have been a warning. Ended up feeling a bit like we'd been picked up and randomly shaken around for too long after that one.