2023 Tour Premiere (Movie Theater Event)?

1 hour ago, Quad Aces said:

Does anyone know if the Tour Premiere Fathom event is happening in the movie theaters this year?  

I tried searching here and Googling, but I didn’t see anything.  It’s very possible that I missed the memo 😀.

No tour premiere this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jameseuph said:

No tour premiere this year. 

Did DCI ever mentioned why they were not going to have the tour premiere in the movie theaters this season?

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Did DCI ever mentioned why they were not going to have the tour premiere in the movie theaters this season?

I gave some thoughts on this in the Big, Loud, and Live thread, but my guess is poor attendance not just at last year’s show, but pre-Covid shows as well. DCI never mentioned it, but it was probably a Fathom Events decision, not DCI. 

Not one in the top 6 though, the average placement is smaller plus 1 less corps overall.

Also take into account that it's at a small high school instead of paying big bucks for the Lions stadium

2023: (9.4 Average placement from 22)

Troopers (12)
Colts (11)
Cavaliers (9)
Phantom (8)
Blue Stars (7)

2022: (6.83 Average placement from 22)
Bluecoats (2nd)
Boston (2nd)
Cavaliers (9)
Phantom (8)
Blue Stars (7)
Crossmen (13)

2019: (6.83 Average placement from 19)

Bluecoats (2)
Crown (4)
Boston (6)
Cadets (9)
Blue Stars  (8)
Phantom (12)

2018: (6.166 Average Placement from 18)

Bluecoats (3)
Crown (4)
Cavies (6)
Boston (5)
Phantom (11)
Blue Stars (8)

Look at the geography....this has been mostly Midwestern corps to begin with.  Why should a corps like Boston have to pull up stakes and drive two full days there and back WITHOUT any other shows along the way?   The last couple years, BAC would leave its rehearsal site in Quincy,  MA  to head to Dearborn and then return to Quincy 4 days later to prepare for its home show.  The four nights of housing NOT covered by the show host, along with the diesel costs made this their most expensive trip of the summer.  I know they viewed this as supporting DCI, but it made no financial sense.

And yes, I think one could argue that they will be "good enough".

10 hours ago, craiga said:

Look at the geography....this has been mostly Midwestern corps to begin with.  Why should a corps like Boston have to pull up stakes and drive two full days there and back WITHOUT any other shows along the way?   The last couple years, BAC would leave its rehearsal site in Quincy,  MA  to head to Dearborn and then return to Quincy 4 days later to prepare for its home show.  The four nights of housing NOT covered by the show host, along with the diesel costs made this their most expensive trip of the summer.  I know they viewed this as supporting DCI, but it made no financial sense.

And yes, I think one could argue that they will be "good enough".

I would think that DCI’s planning for the season schedule and this event in the past would have included shows after in the area (or along the way to get back home) so a corps like BAC could have a more efficient trip.

When a corps from the Midwest or the East would go out to California every year (who knows if that will ever happen again), DCI didn’t plan their route in such a way where they would go to California for a couple of shows and then head back to the Midwest or East with no shows along the way.

Sounds like this wasn’t the case for BAC.  Not sure why.