2023 Blue Stars

I'm not familiar with any of the composers/artists in the Blue Stars repetoire; however, after listening to them, I can honestly say that the Blue Stars have gone in a different direction, this year, with a show that sounds like something a top 5 corps would do. Soooo, maybe holding fast to 7th place or gunning for 6th? We shall see. :thumbup:

Yeah. This doesn't seem to be a 'period show' like La Reve or War and Peace.  Nor is it 'setting show' like Side Show or Call of the Wild.   This does seem more like something programmed to move up with what the judging panels have been rewarding.

That said, the music excites me and I'm sure we're in for a treat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, corps8294 said:

I'm not familiar with any of the composers/artists in the Blue Stars repetoire; however, after listening to them, I can honestly say that the Blue Stars have gone in a different direction, this year, with a show that sounds like something a top 5 corps would do. Soooo, maybe holding fast to 7th place or gunning for 6th? We shall see. :thumbup:

In theory everyone that was below SCV moves up one spot if we end the season the exact same order.

On 6/3/2023 at 11:22 AM, Brian Tuma said:

15 member snare line? Is this true? I saw it on their official Instagram account. 

Go for 18. Start a trend. 

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So no euphs this season and all baritones 👀 I hear they are spicy

Sounds like a brighter sound over a darker sound.

Gotta respect the arrangers and deciders of instrumentation, but I like a brass choir with lots of different colors.

Meh, they're going to sound amazing though.