DCI Championship Week (either breaking news or trolling)

I’m seeing on Facebook there will be a York-Conn-Penn-Jersey Circuit for all age mini corps beginning in 2024.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

seriously Mike. when i stopped marching in 96, at least 40% of the corps was under 21. i taught a DCA corps in 2000 and over 60% of the corps was under 21. it's just gone up since. I'm not trying to Brasso pick nits, but the perception of "senior corps" still persists of old guys smoking and drinking beer waiting to go on the field. in the last 7 or 8 years i hard a name DCI director make such comments as a DCA corps was getting ready to perform at Allentown....and when they heard the corps was 90% under 21, they couldn't believe it.

the sooner that  term goes away, the better off it is for those corps.

The word choice is not the problem.  It is the bigoted misconceptions that need to go away.

15 hours ago, Tim K said:

I’m seeing on Facebook there will be a York-Conn-Penn-Jersey Circuit for all age mini corps beginning in 2024.

How many mini corps are still left? Let alone that 4 state region?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tim K said:

well technically at least on some of the posts they were "course".

i know they tried to run a mini corps only show in conjunction with Serenade in Brass. didn't sell many tickets

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

The word choice is not the problem.  It is the bigoted misconceptions that need to go away.

sadly can't have one without the other.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Well...that DCI feature on the DCA groups when Pepe Nataro was still alive didn't do DCA any favors.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 6:48 AM, cixelsyd said:

I only know about today's DCA from what I read on here. I never had those misconceptions after learning more about it, but I can see where they still exist. I probably was the same way before DCP. Just never bothered to learn about it. Must the crowds that still think introducing bells and xylophones in 1974 made drum corps go all to hell. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Must the crowds that still think introducing bells and xylophones in 1974 made drum corps go all to hell. 

I joined 1974 and first time I heard “that ain’t Drum Corps” was 1975. That was due to those “tink tink” bells.

Then again had someone on FB say I never marched in a “real” drum corps because we didn’t have start and finish line. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1