How is DCA protecting members?

Had this discussion on a FB thread but appears to have been removed. Has DCA taken any steps to protect members (of any age) from sexual harassment or other types of harassment? Considering the DCA/DCI merger and DCI has a policy (no idea how effective) wondering what DCA has.

39 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Had this discussion on a FB thread but appears to have been removed. Has DCA taken any steps to protect members (of any age) from sexual harassment or other types of harassment? Considering the DCA/DCI merger and DCI has a policy (no idea how effective) wondering what DCA has.

This and a dozen more devils are in the details 

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This and a dozen more devils are in the details 

Guess I was unclear. My question is what is are the current policy and procedures in DCA. Haven’t seen anything that I remember 

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Guess I was unclear. My question is what is are the current policy and procedures in DCA. Haven’t seen anything that I remember 

I do not believe DCA has one but will have to follow DCI policies as of 2024. Also DCA will have to get music rights to be used by the All Age groups!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

I do not believe DCA has one but will have to follow DCI policies as of 2024. Also DCA will have to get music rights to be used by the All Age groups!

Hope corps have policies if DCA does not. Not just an issue for the minors either. Even the over 21 people need a way to report problems of anything happens to them.

i am pretty sure the corps have policies in place. i know of at least one corps that had things in place well over a decade ago to limit how overage and underage members iteracted, and over 20 years ago had rules about no coolers on the bus with alcohol while moving....had to be in the bays. 

13 hours ago, fsthnds said:

I think the DCA corps have been doing the music-rights thing for years now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I think the DCA corps have been doing the music-rights thing for years now. 

yes. they had the music rights thing going for a while now. especially when they streamed on Flo for a few years

Yes music rights problems have been going on for many years and whoever owns the music a corps want to play, it's entirely up to them to approve or just say no.  Example : As of this year the Cabs Alumni will no longer be allowed to play Cherry Pink. You would think it would be in public domain by now but it's not. The person who owns the rights just said no!!! Sad! 

23 hours ago, LucyGuy66 said:

Yes music rights problems have been going on for many years and whoever owns the music a corps want to play, it's entirely up to them to approve or just say no.  Example : As of this year the Cabs Alumni will no longer be allowed to play Cherry Pink. You would think it would be in public domain by now but it's not. The person who owns the rights just said no!!! Sad! 

how much were the rights?