Crossmen 2023

https://fb.watch/kXERd7dhJB/?mibextid=Nif5oz

The Crossmen are proud to present their 2023 production titled “Meetings at the Edge” a captivating show concept that revolves around thought-provoking and transformative encounters.

"Meetings at the Edge'' will take us on a journey to explore the physical and emotional “edge”, a phenomena that exists between individuals and groups, places and things.   We travel to the edge, challenge the edge and push beyond the edge on the winding road that leads to your door.

“We are excited for this show as each production allows us to present and explore different musical and visual concepts of the “Edge” that will connect with audiences on a personal and emotional level” said Program Director Ed Devlin.  “At any point, the concept allows the edge to be various parts of the field and forms, shapes and graphics.”

Meetings at the Edge musical selections includes:

The Long and Winding Road – The Beatles

Meetings Along the Edge – Philip Glass, Ravi Shankar

Letter From Home – Pat Metheny

The Windup – Keith Jarrett

The Yellow Jacket – Shaun Martin

“You can expect THE Crossmen sound on the field this summer,” said Brass Arranger Drew Shanfield.  “Growing up in Pennsylvania, I have vivid memories of the Crossmen sound— a unique blend of groove, melody, power, and heart fused with a little bit of fear, aggression and the exhilaration of being on the edge.   We have put all of that together to meet you at the edge in 2023 and are excited to connect and entertain audiences on tour.”

The Crossmen’s 49th summer is underway at Northeastern State University in Oklahoma.  The performers and staff can’t wait to have you on the edge of your seat as they travel the long and winding road across the country for over 20 performances.   We look forward to meeting you at the edge!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i always wanted Bones to do Letter From Home in the early 90's

• Like 2

oh i forgot about 98! my fave is still Bushwackers 89.

( i'm still trying to block 2010 out my memory)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 9:42 PM, Texas_Dad said:

The Crossmen’s 49th summer is underway at Northeastern State University in Oklahoma.  The performers and staff can’t wait to have you on the edge of your seat as they travel the long and winding road across the country for over 20 performances.   We look forward to meeting you at the edge!

Technically, this is only the 48th summer for the Crossmen (2020 had no summer activity).

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=843136154038707&set=a.756800109338979

Copied from post:

Join us on July 2nd at 6:30 PM at Northeastern State University's Doc Wadley Stadium for our preview show! We can't wait to see you there!

Admission - $10.
Free Admission to Oklahoma residents under 18

356234356_843136187372037_41091730075109