When does it end with SCV??????

11 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Here's the only mention of it so far.

What is MCM?

• Like 1

There is this:

and multiples rumors of being highly intoxicated, which is generally the fuel for such behavior to occur. I'm sure WGI wasn't going to address that in their statement to draw attention to it.

You can be extremely good at something and still be an a**hole. If members are just a**holes who chose to get sh*tfaced after the final performance, all you can do it ban them from coming back the next season at that point.

I think Bluecoats had similar issues during Mike McIntosh's final season (2008) and that ultimately led to him resigning because the attitude of the members was frustrating for the staff from what I recall. I could be wrong but I heard a lot of those members were real jerks.

Infinity is certainly not the first to act like this and probably not the last but not everyone is smart. Just remember that some of these members also probably march drum corps.

I've spoken to the intersection between substance misuse and Vanguard members/staff/alum before. It's not good if any of the too-many reports are to be believed. So you'll forgive me, I hope, if I wince at reading this.

WGI wrote in their public statement that safety was at risk at a live event. The buck stops with staff somewhere.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

Here’s the heart of my information sharing regarding Infinity.

The main argument of my Ethics Complaint to the Boards of DCI and SCV back in January where I called out numerous key leadership of SCV for conduct very similar in nature resulting in Infinity’s probation, are the same folks that played decision making roles in hiring the SCV A Corps Director who is also affiliated with Infinity as the World Ensemble Director who was responsible for overseeing the conduct that resulting in Infinity being put on probation.

The very same people that I complained about because of their conduct hired a person very much of like mind who later was in a key leadership position of another organization that ended up getting put on probation for the very things I pointed out regarding SCV’s own conduct.

WGI merely takes it more seriously than DCI.

i will agree WGi takes it more seriously than DCI does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What is MCM?

Music City Mystique, one of the top Independent World Percussion groups in WGI since almost the beginning.

13 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I've spoken to the intersection between substance misuse and Vanguard members/staff/alum before. It's not good if any of the too-many reports are to be believed. So you'll forgive me, I hope, if I wince at reading this.

WGI wrote in their public statement that safety was at risk at a live event. The buck stops with staff somewhere.

agree. and hopefully staff did discuss things before hand. also WGI retreat is chaotic, and staff isn't always right there like at DCI. DCI you have 12 corps spread out over a football field. in WGI you have 30 groups crammed onto an arena floor. i'm not excusing Infinity members at all, and not totally absolving staff. i know i've seen WGI groups told flat out at warmups no partying before retreat. Sadly, kids will do stupid things. yeah Infinity was excited...first time beating one of the icons of the genre. United had every reason to be ###### losing to MCM ( look at the recap), but they held it together. But no matter what staff did or didn't do, the kids should know better too.