47 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

A news story mentioned TaylorSwifr accidently swallowed a bug during a recent Chicago concert.

With this as the inspiratiob, what drum corps-related bug stories can you share?

I hear you can get a few mosquitos in Whitewater.

Turning on the lights in the gym in LA after a show to see thousands of cockroaches dashing for cover.

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I hear you can get a few mosquitos in Whitewater.

And in Horicon, Wisconsin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfgang said:

A news story mentioned TaylorSwifr accidently swallowed a bug during a recent Chicago concert.

With this as the inspiratiob, what drum corps-related bug stories can you share?

Not drum corps related, but back in 1999 I was stationed aboard the USS Germantown (LSD-42) in Sasebo Japan. 

My ship went on a three-month CARAT (Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training) Cruise which took us all over Southeast Asia. 

We were in Pattaya Beach Thailand, and me and some of my Sailor/Marine buddies decided to go paintballing one afternoon. We were in the Thai Jungle (Literally) at this amazing paintball course, and I got stung on the shoulder by an Asian Giant Hornet. 

I remember the severe pain of the sting, having difficulty breathing. Next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed. I was told I had lost consciousness, my blood pressure dropped, and I was airlifted to a hospital in Bangkok two hours away. Spent nine days in the hospital before I was released, to catch up with my ship which was now in Kota Kinabalu Malaysia. 

At the time I knew nothing about the Asian Giant Hornet, and I quickly learned they are the deadliest Hornet in the world responsible for hundreds of deaths every year all over Asia.

Needless to say I was VERY VERY lucky. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Not drum corps related, but back in 1999 I was stationed aboard the USS Germantown (LSD-42) in Sasebo Japan. 

My ship went on a three-month CARAT (Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training) Cruise which took us all over Southeast Asia. 

We were in Pattaya Beach Thailand, and me and some of my Sailor/Marine buddies decided to go paintballing one afternoon. We were in the Thai Jungle (Literally) at this amazing paintball course, and I got stung on the shoulder by an Asian Giant Hornet. 

I remember the severe pain of the sting, having difficulty breathing. Next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed. I was told I had lost consciousness, my blood pressure dropped, and I was airlifted to a hospital in Bangkok two hours away. Spent nine days in the hospital before I was released, to catch up with my ship which was now in Kota Kinabalu Malaysia. 

At the time I knew nothing about the Asian Giant Hornet, and I quickly learned they are the deadliest Hornet in the world responsible for hundreds of deaths every year all over Asia.

Needless to say I was VERY VERY lucky. 

This should have a “wow” emoji!  

• Like 4

Last year my son was getting ready for a show.  Somehow, while he was putting on his bib, a yellowjacket got into it.  It stung him a few times on his leg before he was able to kill it and get it out.  Luckily, only his leg got stung 😬.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfgang said:

A news story mentioned TaylorSwifr  accidently (?) swallowed a bug during a recent Chicago concert.

Does this mean that some times she swallows bugs on purpose ?   🙂

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Texas_Dad said:

Last year my son was getting ready for a show.  Somehow, while he was putting on his bib, a yellowjacket got into it.  It stung him a few times on his leg before he was able to kill it and get it out.  Luckily, only his leg got stung 😬.

Glad he was ok. 

20 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Does this mean that some times she swallows bugs on purpose ?   🙂

I think she shook it off and kept on performing.

Back to drum corps, was it in 1985 Garfield's mello soloist got stung right before the show and had a challenging run?