Smoke on the Drill Field

Erie has had it but only moderately compared to NJ, NY, and Eastern PA. Thankfully, last night Erie cleared up as far as air quality and I attended Cadets ensemble rehearsal. 

• Like 1

Most all Corps at preseason camps have the ability to adjust to most weather conditions. Sometimes it even snows on the practice football field (ie, for example Wyoming, Colo. etc, ) so Corps will take the practice indoors, or in some cases,  into a full indoor campus sports teams bubble the size of a football field,... or at least into an indoors campus sports team bubble large enough to do some percussion or brass sectionals  or even some drill fundamentals and/ or guard work.  Thunderstorms require vigilance and practice schedule adjustments at preseason camps too.  Sometimes hard and/ or long flash rains temporarily flood practice fields and require training schedule adjustments as well.

So I'd imagine that Corps impacted by Canadian wildfires will be able to adjust their practice schedules rather successfully too with no real setbacks in their preparations for their season's openers coming up.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

I know the air quality in Adrian, Michigan is not great too.

BITD there was a lot of smoke around drum corps, but it was more the Cheech and Chong variety, not Canadian wildfires. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

BITD there was a lot of smoke around drum corps, but it was more the Cheech and Chong variety, not Canadian wildfires. 

And nothing like that currently with weed being sold all over.     

• Haha 2