Pre-2024 Top 12 Guesses

On 9/12/2023 at 8:35 PM, Chief Guns said:

I kinda love the fact that people are sleeping on the Mandarins...........I am not going to say anything, but if these doubters only knew............alot of people going to be wiping egg off their faces in 2024. 

Mandarins got their deserved placement in 2023, but it was close. Mandarins need to improve on brass performance and percussion performance for the future, but their GE is rock solid, and their guard is very creative. 

They don't need help from any other corps' misfortunes. They're a legit and quality org!

I can't wait to see what else they've got coming!

Edited by jjeffeory
n't addition...
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Mandarins got their deserved placement in 2023, but it was close. Mandarins need to improve on brass performance and percussion performance for the future, but their GE is rock solid, and their guard is very creative. 

They don't need help from any other corps' misfortunes. They're a legit and quality org!

I can wait to see what else they've got coming!

Yeah JW is a stud! He just knows how to produce a champion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I can wait to see what else they've got coming!

I want the Mandarins to have the #### "Wheelie" on the field in 2024.  This thing made me sick at Six Flags in high school. 😂  @Chief Guns @MandarinMom

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

Can we please stick to the prediction topic, and any personal bickering move to direct messaging between the parties.  It's beyond old...

i predict stupidity never goes away

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I want the Mandarins to have the #### "Wheelie" on the field in 2024.  This thing made me sick at Six Flags in high school. 😂  @Chief Guns @MandarinMom

That thing was called the Witch's Wheel at Cedar Point.  One time on college road trip, there was zero line for it and the gal running it was forced to do this stupid dialog about it that included a witch cackle.  She was so bored because no one was riding it but she had to do the whole dialog and run it every so often to draw people to it.  Her whole delivery and cackle were aboslutely sarcastic as heck and hilariously so.

We decided, "Let's give her some riders and run through the line fast after getting off to see how many times in a row we can ride it before we feel we can't."

That number was 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

That thing was called the Witch's Wheel at Cedar Point.  One time on college road trip, there was zero line for it and the gal running it was forced to do this stupid dialog about it that included a witch cackle.  She was so bored because no one was riding it but she had to do the whole dialog and run it every so often to draw people to it.  Her whole delivery and cackle were aboslutely sarcastic as heck and hilariously so.

We decided, "Let's give her some riders and run through the line fast after getting off to see how many times in a row we can ride it before we feel we can't."

That number was 3.

Awesome - I just can’t handle anything that spins but I was on a HS band trip & my buddies talked me into riding. (Peer pressure)  I get nauseous watching the Tea Cups at Disney.  😂

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

That number was 3.

Three is the number of the counting; and the number of the counting shall be three. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

That number was 3.

Ah man I used to have a theme park obsession phase! I was so hyped whenever someone mentioned Cedar Point or any other famous out-of-state park. Thinking about it, it was a very similar experience to DCI for me: special events that you get to go to once in a blue moon, it's niche, people think you're weird for being so into it, and constant fights over new vs. old. I still love theme parks, but I'm more into the Halloween event side of things now.

Edited by Orwellian Wiress

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Ah man I used to have a theme park obsession phase! I was so hyped whenever someone mentioned Cedar Point or any other famous out-of-state park. Thinking about it, it was a very similar experience to DCI for me: special events that you get to go to once in a blue moon, it's niche, people think you're weird for being so into it, and constant fights over new vs. old. I still love theme parks, but I'm more into the Halloween event side of things now.

My high school years, 1992-96, me and my buddies practically lived at Six Flags Magic Mountain. We would get the Twickets and go back the very next Saturday, get another Twicket, rinse and repeat. I am surprised the park didn't start charging us rent lol. Good times. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1