Houston, Do we have a problem?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

After now seeing that the show is in Prarie View....... I probably won't be at a show this season. 

DCI needs to change the title. That clearly isn't Houston. 

I'm actually hurting inside.... honesty, I would rather spend the money to go to SA. It would cost me a bit more in gas, but I'll be able to see every corps and I could stay at a friend's place for housing. 

I can't believe I won't be at a Houston show..... 

i used to have 5-8 shows in a 2 hour range. now i have one, maybe 2 WC shows..plus several all age shows. i only have 2 of those now. but i do have an OC show now

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

How can you call yourself a fan of a particular corps  if you won't travel a short distance to support them. I am traveling 1200 miles to get to Prairie View.    

Not every fan has the motive, means and opportunity to travel freely to different show locations amid all the different financial, work, family, health and transportation challenges people face.  

One of the ideas being talked about for the 2025 tour is that only half of the DCI corps will make the Texas tour.  DCI can make the same amount of money with fewer corps in attendance and not have to deal with heat issues, housing issues and show location issues. 

Curious about this idea.  Would the other half of the corps be touring elsewhere at that time?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 11:36 PM, Jeff Ream said:

i used to have 5-8 shows in a 2 hour range. now i have one, maybe 2 WC shows..plus several all age shows. i only have 2 of those now. but i do have an OC show now

That is two plus an OC show more than I have.  Closest is  Salem VA & Annapolis (cancelled), both at 5+ hours.  There used to be shows in Chesapeake & Warrenton.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

9 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Because I don't have the money? It's called inflation. Unfortunately I have the just budget for something like north Houston (I don't live in Houston anymore as I own land at a different area of east Texas. I am not in the mood to argue over being a fan. Money is the true issue. I'm glad you have the funds bud.

For me it was health issues with members of the family. We all have priorities in our lives and no one needs clods judging us. Hope next year we can make some shows

• Thanks 2

I see that there is, once again, no listing of a show location for the Houston show.  Whats going on?

1 hour ago, Maddogicatron said:

I see that there is, once again, no listing of a show location for the Houston show.  Whats going on?

Yikes!

Looks like I need to cancel my lodging in that location. I heard many complaints about safety in Prairie View. Maybe DCI heard the same thing and rethought the location. 

Again? Seriously?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be pretty surprised if the Houston show met the same fate but they sure are cutting it close. It's going to be difficult for large groups to plan to attend if you’re going to give them less than 30 days notice. We haven't crossed that threshold just yet but it'll be here pretty soon. 

• Like 4