Show site updates

The replacement venue for the NJ show has been announced at Egg Harbor HS (just outside Atlantic City), and it's a nice one as far as HS stadiums go:
https://www.dci.org/events/2024-dci-glassboro

652729291a530.image.jpg

Edited by Galen

Also, the Rochester show is apparently now back in Rochester, at Paetec Park (or whatever it's known as these days)

i know a lot of the EHT folks. for a Jersey HS stadium, thats good!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s Matt Wyckoff. We’ve know him since Jim was volunteering. Great guy. He was with C2 after he aged out. I met the best kids there.  https://share.icloud.com/photos/078mWqcrTR9V4Bp-YWtl0jqQQ

yeah i know some of the drum gang there too.

South Jersey..hell all of Jersey....isn't known for awesome football stadiums at the schools. more than a few still don't have lights. Collingswood is kind of a mini Hershey Stadium, but of course the stadium is right behind the school in the middle of a neighborhood. tight logistically for DCI, but for a Jersey school its palatial

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah i know some of the drum gang there too.

South Jersey..hell all of Jersey....isn't known for awesome football stadiums at the schools. more than a few still don't have lights. Collingswood is kind of a mini Hershey Stadium, but of course the stadium is right behind the school in the middle of a neighborhood. tight logistically for DCI, but for a Jersey school its palatial

The other issue is that I suspect majority of NJ high school fields are still grass -- which was why this show lost the Philly MLS stadium in the first place.

I believe Jackson Liberty High School has hosted early season DCI shows in the past, but I think it's still a grass field? 

2 hours ago, ykw said:

The other issue is that I suspect majority of NJ high school fields are still grass -- which was why this show lost the Philly MLS stadium in the first place.

I believe Jackson Liberty High School has hosted early season DCI shows in the past, but I think it's still a grass field? 

thats one to the best of my recollection i've not visited. I know the south and central better than the north, and not many turf fields there. EHT i believe is a recently built or renovated facility. i think i did an indoor show there right before the pandemic hit. if i remember right we hit Chickies and Petes after the show