Which corps has surprised you (so far) this season? Which corps has disappointed you (so far) this season?

2024 Snapshot Poll - Who is making you say "OKAYYY!" and Who is making your say "UMMMM"  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What corps has pleasantly surprised you so far this season?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Genesis
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Sacramento Mandarins
    • Music City
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Spirit of Atlanta
    • Troopers
  2. 2. What corps has disappointed you so far this season?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Genesis
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Sacramento Mandarins
    • Music City
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Spirit of Atlanta
    • Troopers

Posted (edited)

Vote & Discuss! 

Very curious to hear everyone's thoughts!

Edited by GetOFFmyDot
Oops - edited to allow comments.
  • Like 1

I could be WAY OFF here, but my surprise special of the season will be Troopers taking 8th place at finals.

• Like 9

Regardless of how anyone feels about any particular show, these young adults are sacrificing a lot and busting their butts to entertain us.  I don't think we should be "disappointed" in any corps.  Because it would be hard not to take it personally or take it to heart if you were a MM and saw this.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Gretchen C said:

Regardless of how anyone feels about any particular show, these young adults are sacrificing a lot and busting their butts to entertain us.  I don't think we should be "disappointed" in any corps.  Because it would be hard not to take it personally or take it to heart if you were a MM and saw this.

On this forum, where 50% of the posts are overly-critical, I would hope they have learned to look past what this forum says about them.

Just look at the "disappointment votes" for the Blue Devils, that should tell you just about how much stock to put into a poll like this. 🤪

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Yeah I can’t do the second without a “none of the above” option.  There’s probably those who can’t do the first without it either

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gretchen C said:

I hear you & I will admit that to date, I haven't seen my disappointment choice live. But it wasn't about the students or their performance; I wasn't impressed with the design. But I understand your reply. ✔️   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JohnDF said:

On this forum, where 50% of the posts are overly-critical, I would hope they have learned to look past what this forum says about them.

Just look at the "disappointment votes" for the Blue Devils, that should tell you just about how much stock to put into a poll like this. 🤪

I think it's cuz people are disappointed that BD is winning again. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

It's hard to say that I was "surprised" by Vanguard this year, I just had no idea what to expect. I know there is chatter about their visual design and the lack of props which can hurt GE etc. in this era of drum corps. I agree that this is factually true. I'm just not sure that was their priority this season. I think the minimal approach was completely intentional as part of the show's theme (a vagabond only carries what's on their back) and as a statement of simplicity or "getting back to the basics". I even read this in the use of primary colors. The last half of the show is vintage drum corps and I think that is entirely the point. Even if it costs them competitively, I think the leadership is sending a message to reinvigorate members, alumni, and donors. There's nothing like a bit of nostalgia - with a little edge to it - to get people engaged. 

This show makes me feel better about the organization as a whole, regardless of how it does competitively this year. I think they stripped everything down to the studs and it's time to rebuild with the long view toward the future, not short-term success. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I could be WAY OFF here, but my surprise special of the season will be Troopers taking 8th place at finals.

I keep hearing good things, just waiting to get a good read that isn't a cell phone video!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Edited by Super Don-O