Best Sop Player

now, drum corps has no doubt seen hundreds of skilled sop players in its history... who are those that stick in your mind 20 or 30 (or even as recent as five) years later... i'm sure this has been the topic of discussion for years now, but there's no current thread for it, so why not get it out in the open.

Chris (Meztger) Forbes Madison Scouts 71-77...The Best !!!!!!!!!

The bearded guy from BD in 86. His solo during Channel One is amazing. And when he screams that note at the begining of Conquistador makes me cry.

Yeah! That was, as I'm told (I don't know him), Mike Collins. He gets my vote, especially for his work with the ballad. He threw-off that liptrill like it was nothing.

My question is: was he really only 21? I've also heard that he's a band director somewhere in northern Cali. So why isn't he marching with the Renegades?

I think he's a member of DCP, also, as I've seen a screen name "MikeCollins86".

Hunter from Spirit of Atalanta in the early 80s and now with Corpsvets! Although I'm a bari, I always looked forward to hearing him. And, after all these years, I finally had the opportunity to meet him at DCA this year.

Edited by skajerk