Best Sop Player

http://www.centorino.com/cproductions.htm

listen for yourself - he's as good as ever, and a very good composer... He and Richie Price together were the biggest 1,2 punch in drum corps until Richie teamed with Joey Pero 25 or so years later.

Jim is also famous for showing up at a show (Barnum?) in a helicapter after his wedding...

Dave Martin and Donny Allen werent too bad as a tandem...Sidemouth and Gerardi...Burke and Ponzo...IF you are talking about a 1,2 punch these are considerable.

Dave Martin and Donny Allen werent too bad as a tandem...Sidemouth and Gerardi...Burke and Ponzo...IF you are talking about a 1,2 punch these are considerable.

Hazelwood & Swan ... Guarino & DeFiglia ... Angelica & D'Amico ... Screech & Dorittie ... the list goes on ...

:-)

As far a Seniors go, what's the actual name of that Skyliner soloist called "Sidemouth", and wasn't he recently hospitalized?? Any updates??

Sadly, both George and his brother Raymond (both Brassmen and then Sklyliners!) have transitioned to a better place. George was a quiet guy who kept getting better and better as a player and he should be in the BHOF! Golly, do I have stories about him on tour that will make your bladder burst!

Sadly, both George and his brother Raymond (both Brassmen and then Sklyliners!) have transitioned to a better place. George was a quiet guy who kept getting better and better as a player and he should be in the BHOF! Golly, do I have stories about him on tour that will make your bladder burst!

Both George (Sidemouth )and Ray (Konga )are in the Bugler's Hall of Fame.

Ray

Both George (Sidemouth )and Ray (Konga )are in the Bugler's Hall of Fame.

Ray

So there you go! We had some darn good players in that little horn line. I wasn't among them but I played my parts and looked good on the field - I guess. Hy did let me play in the Calliope one year and I was a "Siren" during Woodstock. My Drum Corps life was complete by that.

Oh yes, that was Jim Centorino all right!

Jim C. and Stokie. 69 BAC

jimc.jpg

Jim C. and Stokie. 69 BAC

jimc.jpg

Some of us "Olde Fartts" recall that before Jim Centorino was a 'Sader, he played soprano solos for the Majestic Knights Of Charlestown ...."Now & Forever."

Carry on.

-Bill-

just imagine if the Saints grew and they kept their 3 great soprano players...

this could have possibly been the greatest sop trio to ever, ever, EVER!!!!! play together

In 1975 the Saints had in the horn line, Diamond Jim Brady (bridgemen), Al Goober Chez (Cadets), Dave Deandrea (sunrisers), Chris Trimblett (Cadets) Rich Red Wardlow (Cadets), as well as an all female melophone line including Althea Mazar and a kick ### 9 man baritone line, with myself, Jim Trimblett (Cadets), and Mike Wargo (skyliners) At least 4 of these are in a drum corps HOF. ALL taught by the legendary Tom Bucky Swann. Take a listen. Most of these players were under 17 at the time. OMG!!!!!

Hey Pete,Killer Hornline.I would love to hear them again

just imagine if the Saints grew and they kept their 3 great soprano players...

this could have possibly been the greatest sop trio to ever, ever, EVER!!!!! play together

In 1975 the Saints had in the horn line, Diamond Jim Brady (bridgemen), Al Goober Chez (Cadets), Dave Deandrea (sunrisers), Chris Trimblett (Cadets) Rich Red Wardlow (Cadets), as well as an all female melophone line including Althea Mazar and a kick ### 9 man baritone line, with myself, Jim Trimblett (Cadets), and Mike Wargo (skyliners) At least 4 of these are in a drum corps HOF. ALL taught by the legendary Tom Bucky Swann. Take a listen. Most of these players were under 17 at the time. OMG!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure who this is but I know it is 1982 Skyliners.

1982sky.JPG