SCV 92

Just buy '92 from DCI. It's worth it for SCV, Crossmen, and Cadets alone.

^0^ WHAT?????????????????????????????????????

I'll pretend you MEANT to say VK!

B)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy '92 from DCI.  It's worth it for SCV, Crossmen, and Cadets alone.

^0^ WHAT?????????????????????????????????????

I'll pretend you MEANT to say VK!

B)

I just can't win for losing around here....

Yes. VK primarily, of course, and those other guys.

I think '92 was a pretty great year all around.

We're all winners! :P

• 2 weeks later...
Im sitting here listening to the SCV 92 show...and I just realized I have never seen the infamous "bottle dance".  :silly:  Does anyone know where I could find a clip??? #### the entire show would be awesome too  b**bs

Infamous?

did SCV have a contra missing on finals night that year? i just watched the video and there's a drill spot missing the whole show... anybody know the story?

Edited by TTitans909

Also, they did it in '82 and '92 as you mentioned. 1982 is interesting because you can hear the hornline is off-time, apparently the echo in Montreal was pretty bad and they brought it back just for finals.

I was in the stands in 1982, and the problem wasn't the echo...the problem was that the crowd response was so INCREDIBLY LOUD that I'm sure the hornline could not hear itself or the drum line for that matter. That, in combination with it being their first performance of The Bottle Dance in competition that year, resulted in the timing error, I belive. But, for those of us in the stands - we couldn't have cared less! b**bs It was the kind of moment fans live for (think PR's closer at Finals this year). Thank you SCV for this and hundreds of other wonderful memories!

Actually my older brother who marched SCV in 1982 told me that the drum major took off and dropped his hat just prior to giving a downbeat for Bottle Dance, and that half the corps mistook that action for the downbeat, and for the rest of the tune half the corps was pretty much a beat off from the other half. Still sounded pretty cool though LOL. Good thing this happened AFTER the gun went off.

That's what I heard as well.

• 3 weeks later...
did SCV have a tuba missing on finals night that year? i just watched the video and there's a drill spot missing the whole show... anybody know the story?

I wanted to ask about that also. In certain parts of the show there are more then just one spot open. SCV '92 is just an amazing year. All the stories i've heard about that show, man!

• 1 month later...

I remember 1992 when SCV came to Drums on Parade, in Madison, in July. They were practicing by my house, so I went to watch. I talked to a staff member and asked him how he thought they'd fair that night (Madison and Phantom were there) and he said, "we haven't even beat BD yet!" He didn't sound too hopeful.

I would get an earlier version of the Bottle Dance, if you get it on DVD. 1992 was great and it was the only year I've seen it live, but it looked better in the years where more of the guards legs were exposed. It wasn't as impressive with the legs being hidden under those long black dresses. Just my opinion..but it still was something in 1992. The crowd did go nuts.

Every year, my mom says, "do you think they'll throw in the dance?" I don't think they will until the play a program where the music would fit, and it won't fit with Rimsky-Korsakov!

Maybe next year!