When you wish upon a Star

Sorry guys, been AWOL awhile. Thanks Mark for getting my back in trivia.

I did not notice the scoreboard at Preview of Champions 93'. As I recall I was fighting with the girlfriend that night. :huh: Can remember the rumors of Brass Theater where rampant at that point amoung the alumni. That would have been one ominous omen! ^0^

And yes, I lost my corps and my girl in August of 93'. :huh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for all the naysayers in regards to Star... how is it that you can persecute this corps without looking at other corps who actually DO buy their members? Star had a financial backing. Yes, that made their lives easier in that they had what they needed when they needed it. But their are other corps out there now, even today, who use such dispicable tactics like offering $$$ to individuals to have them come march. Or paying a specific instructor to come in, knowing full well a whole new drumline or whatever comes with him. I'm not trying to change the world or anything here, I just feel you should leave Star alone unless you feel like attacking the real thieves in drum corps.

Sorry... I just needed to vent that.

• 3 weeks later...

Proof that I loved Star: I read all these posts just now :-)

Some Star memories: I remember in '86 warming up with Garfield in a semi circle before a show. In the distance I heard Star playing through ET. The sound was so rich and full. I turned to a fellow bari and said something like, "that corp is gonna be something great". My statement got a wince of disapproaval. I also remember at some show in '86 when an annoucer called you guys Star of India. I'm laughing thinking about it because the stadium collectively laughed and the announcer, who I think was a local town official who was picked to announce the awards, responded embarrasingly with, "C'mon folks that was a simple mistake". Oh, and as a member of the Bushwackers in '84, I/we had the honor of wearing pink first as Cesario designed our unis too. Wish Star would come back!! In fact, I have emailed Mr Cook a few times stating that.