Coolest European corps ever SEEN

Smudge

Wich is the best European corps.Coolest European corps ever SEEN?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Wich is the best European corps.Coolest European corps ever SEEN?

• Starriders, DE
    • Jubal, NL
    • Beatrix, NL
    • Wölper Löwen, DE
    • Senators, UK
    • Edelweiss, FRA
    • Cadence, UK
    • Kidsgrove Scouts, UK
    • Cadence, UK
    • Juliana, NL
    • other

Well I'm biased! Sorry for that.

But beside my own corps I was extremly impressed by Kidsgrove Scouts from the UK. Their 2003 production was amazing. Not so much smash in the face like Jubal, but extremly clean and controled and extremly innovative in horn moves, visuals, ... For me there wasn't a single horn up and down without anything, not a single messure of drum break without a special visual highlight. Very young kids with a great talent in showmanship and feeling. Even it sounds funny. It was "fun" to loose against this great corps AND they were the pusher of the Jubal performance at finals, beating them at semis. One word wowww.

Hope to see them next year in Germany.

P.S. Also cudos to northern star. Young, young kids but power pur. No backfield percussion but a "killer" pit. Thx for the concert in the parking lot. It was fun to listen.

I always thought the Sunrisers were pretty cool. Especially 97/98.

Used to hate them but the last few years they were around they were real cool. HOT drumline too.

Right now it'd have to be The Senators with no Southern Aurora in open class, other wise it would've been them I reckon.

1986 Dagenham Crusaders...just for letting an American march with them.

Oh wait....that American was ME! A little biased here!

Actually I never saw any other corps when I was in the UK...the usual curse of being at the top...

I was on DCE - Championships also really impressed by the Kidsgrove scouts. They played the role as 'underdog' very well at finals.

When they entered the field, almost nobody knew them. When they marched of the field, everybody was impressed and could just say "wooow".

Northern Knights also, no backfield percussion. But their brass and pit were great!

I'm assumig you mean Northern Star Greetz, not Knights.

My old corps. I was caption head percussion there until this year when Itook some tme out. Glad you enkoyed their show, I know the corps enjoyed performing over there.

cheers

Nick Emmett

Northern Star 1993 - 2002

2003 - ? Sabbatical!

1986 Dagenham Crusaders...just for letting an American march with them.

Oh wait....that American was ME! A little biased here!

Actually I never saw any other corps when I was in the UK...the usual curse of being at the top...

Then you should know Dave Hill. He worked with Daganham Crusaders. But I'm not shure if it was that year. I heard a lot of cool stuff about this corps.