Cleaning

britdrums

It's interesting to see, in a post below, someone make the comment that the cleanest line takes home the trophy. This is something that I believe in very strongly. OK maybe not everytime, but for me the whole point is to have a clean for Finals.

What's you guys' philosophy on what to do if it's looking like your line's not going to be clean. Do you cut the part, water it or what?

I hate seeing/hearing dirty lines at Finals. There is no excuse IMO.

:huh:

cheers

Nick

Northern Star (UK) 1993 - 2002

sabbatical 2003 - ?

Get out the hose and water the parts. I'd only take a part out if it's musically innapropriate or it just doesn't sound good watered.

As painful as it is for the players with more ability you have suck it up and water the parts down.

I was watching Brigs snare line at DCA prelims this year and it was really sad. I felt pretty bad for those guys. Fans surrounding me were saying what the **** was that? I'm sure they had a much better finals performance.

Mom

Watering the parts can only go so far. Sometimes you have to cut parts out all together. If there is dirt in between your snares and tenors, it might be a problem with listening and phasing due to locations on the field. I definitely agree that the parts need to be watered if the players aren't hanging, but sometimes you just have to cut the part as well.