DCA DVD/CD review

Aaahhhh...... The Mace. :doc:

yeah it was cool when Pepe spiked his in a bucket of sand at Franklin Field :P

Remember when he(Pepe) grabbed the mace when Marcia Hansen was around........ :huh: b**bs

86 I think was the year.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice a delay between the sound and the picture on the DVD? I just have been watching the individual performance DVD of MBI and noticed there is a significant delay. Just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Hey, topsops!

Did you not watch the Renegades? Isn't crabwalking, 200 beats per minute, fast enough for you?

I think the Renegades show was the most unique and definitely not a "typical" drum corps show which brings a breath of fresh air to drum corps. There were so many tempo changes as well as difficulty in drill and music book, that they were the "corps" of the weekend to watch.

Watch again, my friend.

Say what you will, but there was truly nothing cooler than George Parks throwing like a 25 or something with that mace. The man was amazing!

I agree with that 100%.

I marched Buccaneers in one of George's last years with the corps (1983) ... no matter how we played behind him -- which was often not very well in the early season that year -- George always got the crowd off its feet ... definitely a hype and an inspiration to all of us.

Dear batmanmom,

Yes I liked Renegades a lot...they were very unique.....but YOU need to go back and watch the show again. Difficult.....NO.........200 beats a minute.....NO.....claiming it and marching it are 2 different things. Try 186-192 for the opener, and guess what....you weren't playing!!!!!!!!! NOT difficult. Watch corps like Bush and Buccs, Empire, Brigs and especially Cabs for fast while playing.

Please, the entertainment was GREAT.....just not difficult. You are looking at it thru rose colored glasses.

Iam so evil, the Devil worships me!

Dear batmanmom,

Yes I liked Renegades a lot...they were very unique.....but YOU need to go back and watch the show again. Difficult.....NO.........200 beats a minute.....NO.....claiming it and marching it are 2 different things. Try 186-192 for the opener, and guess what....you weren't playing!!!!!!!!! NOT difficult. Watch corps like Bush and Buccs, Empire, Brigs and especially Cabs for fast while playing.

Please, the entertainment was GREAT.....just not difficult. You are looking at it thru rose colored glasses.

Iam so evil, the Devil worships me!

first off.. topsop, i dont mind ya giving your opinion on our show. by telling my own mother "batmanmom" that she's looking thru rose colored glasses is a little off the wall there. first off, she was there at DCA with her husband (aka my father). They marched back in the era when the front ensemble was a thing of the future. They know what all the other corps were like, they were right there!!!

please, i don't mind the opinions, that's totally cool, no prob.

just imagine all the hard work that we renegades put in during the 2003 season, it all payed off in the end, at least i think it did.

i don't mean to go to bat for my mom, but i felt i had to.

Hmmmm, sounds like a bit of west vs east mentality going on here.

I guess from a west coast perspective (my perspective).....it really doesn't matter what's hard or who had the hardest this-n-that.

What matters was the culmination of an apparently very exciting performance.

Besides, the hardest thing is playing that wicked mellophone lick....one handed......while holding the worlds largest ice cream cone two feet in front of your face.

Edited by bd5times

hey topsops,

I totaly am not gonna bash ya for posting your opinion, because simply thats all it is. I dont know what the DVD shows because i havent seen it yet. but, the drumline was going at the 186-196 (or whatever it ended up being) the whole opener into Ave Maria. with alot of random set changes. so yes....it was difficult, and we were playing some good stuff at the same time. I understand this is supposed to be a "how it looked on DVD" thing, but unless the dvd shows the entire feild the whole time, i dont think its fair to judge the show in its entirerty. that drill has hard for me, had to RUN with the bottom bass.....fun times!

Hmmmm, sounds like a bit of west vs east mentality going on here.

I guess from a west coast perspective (my perspective).....it really doesn't matter what's hard or who had the hardest this-n-that.

WOOOOO there Nelly!!!!!!

Don't let ONE person's opinion speak volumes for an entire coast...........

Just to bring things back to perspective, aren't you MORE concerned with what the people in stands say, by getting on their feet and clapping, then an internet newsgroup review by one person?

Again, DO NOT MAKE THIS AN EAST COAST, WEST COAST THING, NO one else brought that up but you.

Now go practice!!!! ^0^