DCA DVD/CD review

oh god now, like rap, people are trying to start east ocast/west coast crap.

looks Tupac's dead, move on

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breathe, topsop, breathe!

This isn't an East-West thing. It's a drum corps thing no matter where you are.

Granted the East Coast has more Sr corps, but the West is working very hard at getting more on the field. Give us some credit, won't you.

2002 we brought our show in, placed in the top 10, became a DCA member and then 2003, we brought one again, a show that was show stopper and without the penalty, woudld have taken 4th. No bad, wouldn't you say.

This isn't a pissing contest, just an opinion topic.

See you next year

Negative reviews happen, you get used to them after a while. Here is my observation. If someone says something negative, or criticizes your "home team" the general feeling will be to get your ### up on your back and try to defend yourself. Many people I know have done that for years. Everyone out there that saw your show is not going to like it, I haven't really watched any others out there, so I will not comment, and if I don't have anything nice to say, I won't post it in a public forum. I am not attacking the original poster of this message in any way, so please do not take this the wrong way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about particular shows and performances. Sometimes they are good sometimes they are bad, but they are opinions. Try not to take it as a personal attack as so many others have done for years. When you put it all in perspective...a few people wrote or said negative stuff about you, but what about the thousands of people who jumped up at your performances. I bet they would give rave reviews. It is far too easy to be critical of other teams, especially when you are hyped up by so many words on the net, or they are routing for their "home team."

Bottom line, take no offense. I am sure if the person had some real beef with your corps or your performance, things would have been a lot uglier then what was written. And if they have a legitimate beef, oh well let them go, you know what you did out there, and the only person you can truly satisfy with your performance is yourself. If you feel good about it, then what does it matter what someone else thinks.

Negative reviews happen, you get used to them after a while. Here is my observation. If someone says something negative, or criticizes your "home team" the general feeling will be to get your ### up on your back and try to defend yourself. Many people I know have done that for years. Everyone out there that saw your show is not going to like it, I haven't really watched any others out there, so I will not comment, and if I don't have anything nice to say, I won't post it in a public forum. I am not attacking the original poster of this message in any way, so please do not take this the wrong way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about particular shows and performances. Sometimes they are good sometimes they are bad, but they are opinions. Try not to take it as a personal attack as so many others have done for years. When you put it all in perspective...a few people wrote or said negative stuff about you, but what about the thousands of people who jumped up at your performances. I bet they would give rave reviews. It is far too easy to be critical of other teams, especially when you are hyped up by so many words on the net, or they are routing for their "home team."

Bottom line, take no offense. I am sure if the person had some real beef with your corps or your performance, things would have been a lot uglier then what was written. And if they have a legitimate beef, oh well let them go, you know what you did out there, and the only person you can truly satisfy with your performance is yourself. If you feel good about it, then what does it matter what someone else thinks.

shawn,

i would agree with you 100%, BUT i think someones opinion is different then saying "that was not difficult". especially when u only see what the camera shows you. Im not gonna speak for every section in the corps, but i know for the bassline, it was an on-the-go show. BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING NO ONE ELSE'S SHOW WASENT HARD (read that twice if you have to). I just dont appreciate when someone who probibly is not even marching, trys to argue (with someone who was on the feild) about what was hard about a show that they watched from their living room.

thats all. i know we had mistakes and thats why we werent 1st place. other people had fewer mistakes therfor they place higher. and i like how everyone thinks Renegades are bitter about the penalty. thats so not the case. completly opposite.

It was me in '03

Hmmmm, sounds like a bit of west vs east mentality going on here.

I guess from a west coast perspective (my perspective).....it really doesn't matter what's hard or who had the hardest this-n-that.

WOOOOO there Nelly!!!!!!

Don't let ONE person's opinion speak volumes for an entire coast...........

Just to bring things back to perspective, aren't you MORE concerned with what the people in stands say, by getting on their feet and clapping, then an internet newsgroup review by one person?

Again, DO NOT MAKE THIS AN EAST COAST, WEST COAST THING, NO one else brought that up but you.

Now go practice!!!! ^0^

Well, for what's its worth, I just got back from the DCA meeting a few days ago, and I certainly didn't feel any East v. West Coast tension.

In fact, I would say that we all left that meeting very, very encouraged at all the positive energy coming from all the corps towards working together to make DCA a great circuit ... which was in stark contrast to the meeting two years ago, where it seemed like everyone was out for one another's blood.

Senior corps is on the rise ... and it's all good.

B)

got the dvd's yesterday, not bad, not bad