does anyone remember the Royal Commodores?

Hey Rich did you know a gal from the Royalaires Guard named Otterstetter?

Even though I didn't make the tenor line in 78 with you I came really close for a 15 year old punk kid.

It was a pleasure trying out with your line!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I do.....was it Jan?

dunno know about that bud.........the "togetherness" amongst the Drumline was non-existent........and FYI, I actually always enjoyed the Devils, and was very anxious to get '74 over so I could join them, which I did promptly whether or not the Royal Commodores existed or not.

:;'

Legend,I think maybe you missed the point I was trying to make, but no biggie. It's all good.

When it comes to drum corps, one man's pleasure is another man's pain. What counts is that one finds the right fit for ones self and I think we both were able to do that.

Legend,I think maybe you missed the point I was trying to make, but no biggie. It's all good.

When it comes to drum corps, one man's pleasure is another man's pain. What counts is that one finds the right fit for ones self and I think we both were able to do that.

I agree ............

I remember both corps and the amalgamated version

Given that I live in Stockton now and because I teach one of the high school guards here, I run into old Commodores here all the time ... and some old VK, SCV and Muchachos too. It's amazing what a drum corps t-shirt will bring out of people in a grocery store. :)

People can listen to the recording and decide whether we were worthy or not that year.

I have done that the past couple of days, comparing our Prelim performance against the recording from the Drum Corps West Championships in Salem, Oregon almost 3 weeks after DCI.

That show had tempo, and excitement in it. If we had done that show at Prelims, we would have been competing at Finals.....no doubt.

I can also vividly remember a "calmness" amongst the Corps during that trip to Oregon, it was almost as if with the 3 week break we all had from one another really gave us time to "chill".

LMFAO!

Look at this ####............

August 11, 1974 DCI North

DeLaSalle Oaklands -- 77.40

Royal Commodores -- 76.30

------------------------------------

August 16, 1974 DCI Prelims

DeLaSalle Oaklands -- 84.00

Royal Commodores -- 76.70

WTF is that?

People can listen to the recording and decide whether we were worthy or not that year.

I have done that the past couple of days, comparing our Prelim performance against the recording from the Drum Corps West Championships in Salem, Oregon almost 3 weeks after DCI.

That show had tempo, and excitement in it. If we had done that show at Prelims, we would have been competing at Finals.....no doubt.

I can also vividly remember a "calmness" amongst the Corps during that trip to Oregon, it was almost as if with the 3 week break we all had from one another really gave us time to "chill".

Hey Rich, I agree DCW was a much better performance, but do you remember our last performance (I think). It was in Stockton at Edison High school. It was probably our best of the year and the only time in both our corps history that we scored an 80. I've got to call Kevin McAllister. I think his dad made an 8mm tape of that show.

• 17 years later...