OT: Blast Review... the shame, the shame

Guest GeorgeD

As a Disney World season/Florida passholder I got to see a 40 minute rendition of BLAST at the American Pavillion at EPCOT.

(for free I might add) I LOVED the show. One of the selections they played at the end was reminiscent of a Madison Scout spanish tune..lotsa energy/lotsa showmanship.

The performers lined the walk as the audience filed out and I shook ones baritone guys hand and said "Shades of Madison Scouts at the end,,,nice job!"  He said with an obvious snobby retort, "I guess...if thats how you heard it."....like drum corps was beneath him.

Whats up with that???????

I saw the Opening Night show here in Minneapolis last month. This was really an excellent program! 2nd row seats didn't hurt either--you really got the "wall of sound" down there. A season ticket holder in front of us even had earplugs. Shades of many Corps were there including the "step" over the guard and the obvious musical #'s.My only disapointment was the omission of Villa Borgese, my favorite # from Star.