BD Penalty?

ummmm.....we did have a .1 penalty at Finals, but it had nothing to do with illegal equipment, nor did we use illegal equipment.......that's almost laughable. I would LOVE to hear who exactly "saw" something on the video, and then see it myself.

wasn't being defensive Nancy...........keep it in your pants! :P

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that the BD sops would "clank" the slides in retreat to #### off the Regiment horn line.

Nope, that's a tradition kind of thing.

Whenever the horn line was given a horns up or dress-center.....READY FRONT! The horn line would flick the bell, push down the valves, or push in the first valve slide. The sopranos, instead of flicking the bell used their slides for the "ting". Anything to get that "ting".

I was told that the BD sops would "clank" the slides in retreat to #### off the Regiment horn line.

Nope, that's a tradition kind of thing.

Whenever the horn line was given a horns up or dress-center.....READY FRONT! The horn line would flick the bell, push down the valves, or push in the first valve slide. The sopranos, instead of flicking the bell used their slides for the "ting". Anything to get that "ting".

Yep....amazing the #### things worked after all that abuse!

I think it's pretty funny all the rumors that supposedly occured between Phantom and BD. Most are untrue. Of course we were rivals! But we never discredited BD for their win in the late 70's, nor would that have carried over to 1980. BD was awsome in 1980.

Regarding BD and the slide clinging to annoy us, never happened in that way! Stood by them enough to know! And if it had who would have cared!

Still have my K-20 sop and the 'ting' still works :)

These were/are fantastic horns, I only wish I knew the controversy of the tune any note or the ting. I know we used to ting them becuase Jack Mehan didn't like us to. The Phantom rivalry was alway's kind of a fun one although I now some took if very seriously. To add to the rumer legend Rob, wasn't it in 81 when Jack was handing out his custom lip #### that Phantom accused him of distributing "whites" to the hornline before the show?

Sam, do you want to borrow my extra ring? And I did try to get your 84 trophy for you but George has that thing screwed to wall really well.

To add to the rumer legend Rob, wasn't it in 81 when Jack was handing out his custom lip #### that Phantom accused him of distributing "whites" to the hornline before the show?

Yes, that did happen. The customary distrubution of lip-#### was reported by a certain drum corps that we were getting "whites" to enhance our performance.

The corps was in tears when we were sat down for the "talk" and the complaint against us was explained. The talk in 81 happened inside of a barn in Quency California......really......and I know you know all about the barn, Doug. We stayed at that place in 82 as well. The only stop on tour where the town provided us with kegs of beer. :beer:

Edited by bd5times

To add to the rumer legend Rob, wasn't it in 81 when Jack was handing out his custom lip #### that Phantom accused him of distributing "whites" to the hornline before the show?

Yes, that did happen. The customary distrubution of lip-#### was reported by a certain drum corps that we were getting "whites" to enhance our performance.

The corps was in tears when we were sat down for the "talk" and the complaint against us was explained. The talk in 81 happened inside of a barn in Quency California......really......and I know you know all about the barn, Doug. We stayed at that place in 82 as well. The only stop on tour where the town provided us with kegs of beer. :beer:

I remember the barn, very cool town to take care of us. But Jerry and the Bridgemen did supply beer at the parking lot party in Bayonne that year!

All I know is we were obnoxious. If I had known that clicking my horn would of ###### Phantom off I would have done it. :P I just think the whole rivalry thing is funny and I like yanking peoples chains about it. You should have seen the S I stired up before this years DCA minicorps.

Hay Phantom..........."CLINK".

On the freindly side didn't Phantom feed us after our truck burned up in 85? Nice people and a great corps.

Sam, do you want to borrow my extra ring?  And I did try to get your 84 trophy for you but George has that thing screwed to wall really well.

Actually, I half joked with Dave Fowler (84Cadet) about letting me borrow HIS ring for DCA this year.

And I TOLD you, Doug....you need to bring a crowbar to YEA next time and rip that sucker outta there!

Edited by 84BDsop