What did happen to Suncoast Sound?

I don't know how you guys can air the dirty laundry like that. I would never do anything like that to someone I respected, like you claim you did with the director. Some stories aren't for us to know even if they are true. It doesn't do any good for the people that marched that year didn't know and this is just a wrong way to tell them. It's also disprespectful to the people who marched the year that you say they shouldn't have gone out on tour.

:lol::huh:

What part don't you understand? The part where it doesn't do any good for the people who marched that year to hear the corps should've never been?

I guess I do have a different view, and guess what? I have the right to have it. Don't dump on me because of the way I was raised to believe to stand behind my organization. You might think it was a service and that's your right too. I just disagree .So back off of me. Have a nice day.

But, she was essentially reprimanding alumni from a corps she did not march with, as to what they should or shouldn't be saying. As she threw herself into the fray, she deserves to hear dissenting views to her opinion and rebuttals to her reprimand.

Fair enough strutta....

You all put yourself out there, and you didn't march with this corps either so I do have the right to comment or give my point of view just like you do.

Steph, I don't think that John was saying that Suncoast should not have been on the field in 88 due to anything the kids did, just that financially it was not a sound move.

Trust me, John was there (as was I) and it WAS an issue with the kids at the time. Additionally, since most everyone involved then is now in their mid-30's, I don't think that learning things like this now will be all that traumatic.

I believe they did (maybe Marwan can confirm). In '85 the snare line dropped thier snares and marched with double bongos for the first half of "Midnight in Miami", and with triple-bongos in '86 for the first half of the closer.

In 89, the snares had 2 bongos attached to the front of their snares rather than switching drums completely.

What happened to the bingo operation? Bingo was going strong as of 84'. We had our two nights a week and were renting out our bingo hall every other night to other organizations. I'm just curious because it seems that everything went downhill after Circle K pulled out yet we made it from 79'-85' without any corporate sponsor. I'm sure a lot of bills got paid with Circle K money, which should have left the corps with more financial breathing room than it would have had otherwise.

Edited by Russellrks

Steph, I don't think that John was saying that Suncoast should not have been on the field in 88 due to anything the kids did, just that financially it was not a sound move.

Trust me, John was there (as was I) and it WAS an issue with the kids at the time. Additionally, since most everyone involved then is now in their mid-30's, I don't think that learning things like this now will be all that traumatic.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that, I apologize if I offended anyone...I misinterpreted what was said.

No offense taken, this crazy communications medium we are fond of does lend itself to misunderstandings.... from time to time. It's all good, I know where you were coming from.

I don't know how you guys can air the dirty laundry like that. I would never do anything like that to someone I respected, like you claim you did with the director. Some stories aren't for us to know even if they are true. It doesn't do any good for the people that marched that year didn't know and this is just a wrong way to tell them. It's also disprespectful to the people who marched the year that you say they shouldn't have gone out on tour.

:lol::huh:

What part don't you understand? The part where it doesn't do any good for the people who marched that year to hear the corps should've never been?

I guess I do have a different view, and guess what? I have the right to have it. Don't dump on me because of the way I was raised to believe to stand behind my organization. You might think it was a service and that's your right too. I just disagree .So back off of me. Have a nice day.

:lol::lol: