1989 SCV "Disappearing Act"

Hello all -

I have been wondering about '89 Vanguard "disappearing act" at the end of their show. If you are unaware, take a look at the 1989 tape of SCV. I'd hate to spoil it, but towards the end there is a baritone soloist who ends up "vanishing" into midair! Quite the GE attribute, I must say.

Does any body know how they pulled that off? The video is hardly revealing...at least to my naked eye! Maybe I'm just looking too hard...

scv-ph440.jpg

Here's a link to a picture right before it happens. He doesn't look so comfortable in that chair!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that only happen at finals? Did the corps go under those undulating masks with feet showing only at finals?

Moving this to the Historical forum.

Not one to usually give away a Magic trick, but you can see him breathing after the sheet is pulled back. Just look a little closer.......(at the floor) :sshh:

Not Cool

Not one to usually give away a Magic trick, but you can see him breathing after the sheet is pulled back.  Just look a little closer.......(at the floor) :sshh:

Not Cool

Now now, nothing was revealed that isn't clearly visibile on the tape -- I believe you can even see the person's arm if you look closely enough.

yeah....i saw his legs moving around under that black cover-thingy...........still cool as heck though

yeah....i saw his legs moving around under that black cover-thingy...........still cool as heck though

That's for sure. I was at finals in '89 and it was definitely "magic" that night. Only a geek like me would look at the finals broadcast over and over to see how it was done :beer: