Madison 66. ?

Minn. Brass 58. ?

Cap Sound 48. ?

Pioneer 44. ?(I think)

Blue Stars 41. ?

Chops Inc. 39. ?

Brief review.

Blue Stars.

Very difficult show for a small group! Played with lots of heart. They work their butts off!

Chops Inc.

The class clowns of senior corps! Alot of fun! The crowd loved them and they obviously love performing.

Capitol Sound

Considering that this is a part time corps, they are impressive! Quite a big sound. (The concrete stadium aided that a little, I think) Great perc. feature with the snares playing toms / cymbals ala Blast!

Minnesota Brass Inc.

Oh my. :shock: Are they ever LOUD!!!! I think they were even a little louder than Madison. They have a full corps, new uniforms, (great look) and apparently a take no prisoners attitude! Some will probably miss the old unis, but I love the new ones. Very professional look. I think they are serious about contending for the DCA crown! You MUST see them!!!

Madison Scouts.

That thing about Mn Brass being louder is not a cut on Madison! They are terrific! There are a few flat spots in the show emotionally, but I think that is mostly due to color guard work which has yet to be added and so on. For this early in the season, they are pretty clean. I don't know what that will mean in Aug., but for now it's a good sign. The end of the show is amazing with a spiral that unwinds and folds into a company front as they peel the skin off your face with their push to the end.

Pioneer.

Also an entertaining show. The crowd had trouble responding though after the 2 corps that preceded them. I kept my eyes on the drumline most of the time because they are really good! Watching the center snare alone is worth the price of admission. He's great! Lots of holes still in the hornline. They will improve.

Other impressions.

As I said before, this is a REALLY loud stadium! It doesn't echo, the acoustics are actually wonderful, but there is a large press box that seems to hold the sound in. It's excellent!

As one of the show organizers, I admit to a little bias, but I think we have a new classic show on our hands! If you were there, please post with your impressions of the show, stadium, etc., and thanks for coming!

See you next year!!

Atye,

FMM Star of Indiana

Thanks Atye for the Review and update....

atye, good review. I concur with pretty much everything you said. My wife actually thought MN Brass would beat Madison. For the second night in a row, Capital Sound beat out Pioneer. You're right about the Pioneer hornline - solos and quiet passages were not very clean. I have a feeling this may be why they placed below Capital both nights. They were one of my favorite shows last year, and I'm sure they will improve.

And boy were you right about that stadium!! Can't rave enough about it - to me, it rivals Whitewater - a bit smaller maybe, but every bit as good. A serious contrast from Saturday night in Appleton. I don't know what the attendance was, but they had to be happy with it. From the website to the venue to the show itself, this was one top-notch production. You're right, I'm glad I went (lots of driving, though). This show has long-term success written all over it, at least from a fan's point of view.

I'll post a review later - haven't had time to finish it up yet.

--Andrew

Thanks to everyone for the replies! We do hope this will become an annual 'MUST SEE' show in this part of the country. Glad you liked the stadium Andrew, and thanks for the comments about the web site and the general experience.

Here's the web address again.

http://www.cvtn.com/redcedardrums/

In the coming days and weeks you may see pictures and other goodies from Sunday's show. Come check it out!

Atye,

FMM Star of Indiana