couple of shows I've not seen mentioned much

So I'm going through some old cassette tapes I found at my folks and run across one I made-- kind of a greatest hits tape of Crossmen shows from the 1980's.....

Man, I'd forgotten how much I LOVE 1980 AND 1981!! One of my favorite all time concert pieces was "Jack Miraculous (sp)?" from 80. I also just dig the 81 closer of "Rocky"....

I dont' what they placed hornline-wise but they sure had some chops!

CM

Thanks guys, glad to see you enjoyed it. Interesting thing about the Superman show, the staff decided to have a "Superman Look-A-Like" contest.....BC (I don't want to use his full name here) won hands down! He played the part for both '79 & '80.

In '81, the staff wanted to make the Art Museum (like in the film "Rocky") and have a guy posing as the prize fighter. This did not sit too well with us members......we had voted and it was decided that we didn't want to use "props" again. Too many people felt like we were doing what marching bands did......using props to get the point across rather than being creative and use drill and guard work instead. I did take a picture of the mangled Art Museum prop. :sshh:

One of my favorite all time concert pieces was "Jack Miraculous (sp)?" from 80. I also just dig the 81 closer of "Rocky"....

CM

"Jack" was our production number....."Tiger" was our concert. My husband played 1st sop.......he'll appreciate your kind words. :)

One of my favorite all time concert pieces was "Jack Miraculous (sp)?" from 80.  I also just dig the 81 closer of "Rocky"....

CM

"Jack" was our production number....."Tiger" was our concert. My husband played 1st sop.......he'll appreciate your kind words. :)

Jack and Tiger were incredible! I think I listened to the Crossmen more than just about any corps on those old lps! :rolleyes:

Your husband has some chops!! b**bs

Thank him for me.

Jack and Tiger were incredible! I think I listened to the Crossmen more than just about any corps on those old lps!  :rolleyes:

Your husband has some chops!!  b**bs

Thank him for me.

Thanks Mark, I certainly will tell him.....it will make his day!

I don't know if you noticed the horn gimick the sops did in our '81 opener "Explosions" .....where the guy next to each other reaches over and plays the sop in a feature. My husband and his good friend were just goofing off one day during rehearsal when one of the older vets saw it and said, "That's cool.....we are ALL doing that!" It was only 8 counts, but effective.

Edited by Malibu

Oh yeah!! I remember the "finger exchange", one of the many highlights of that show. I was glad to see the Cadets use it in recent years, too.