2003 DCI DVD's???????????

Well, being an "alum", I though it only appropriate to watch the Regiment first. I hate to knock the product but, whomever was in charge of camera shots scored got a big fat F

Practically every major hit was missed, including near the end of the show when they were focused on the "guard" for most of the time. I am really p#####! If the rest of the corps were filmed this badly, I will consider sending this back.

Rocketman - Telecast Critic

ampssuck

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, but they have the high cam so you can see everything.

l

Yep, but they have the high cam so you can see everything.

l

Yes, this feature is great to have. A lot of corps close-up shots line up nicely, but if they don't the high cam is great!

wow; up till now, i'd only heard good things about the DVD set.

(Yay! Post# 65! Now i'm a vet! ^0^ B) heheheheh)

Edited by Gbassman5

Before inserting other foot in mouth, I assume that is done during the set up?

Rocketman - DVD Dunce

ampssuck

Indeed. On some players, like mine, you can change the camera angle from the remote without going to the setup menu and interrupting the playback.

I generally prefer the high camera angle.

The guard and percussion cameras also add much to the show. For PR's final leg-out blasting binge the percussion view gives you a good look at both the brass and the pit. I especially liked the girl rushing over to a gong to do a crescendo and then bopping around in rhythm for a moment before returning to her mallets.

Though the Multicamera view did botch a number of things, I agree.

Peter

Phantom isn't the only visual show that was poorly shot. BUT!!! The real negative is the horrible audio! Compare the CD recording of any corps you want with the DVD. Every time a corps get loud the DVD audio gets less. Very poor quality. If T. Blair were to even acknowledge the problem he would cry there just is only so much info thay can squeeze onto a disc. I say there is no excuse for putting out a DVD product that is barely better than the Video Cassettes. DCI should get a complaint from everyone on this; especially from the performers and staffs of every corps. <**>

My DVD's came in the mail today...I was suprised to see all the negativity about them. I thought the quality was incredible...right on par with last years, and much better than say three years ago. I'll have to watch them a little more till I come to any more conclusions.

I got mine yesterday and can't wait to watch them without the wife and kids yakking in my ear. ^0^ I love them but they keep talking!!! :P

What I did manage to see without being too distracted was incredible. I'm not a Cav fan but, my God they are something. That drill is beyond my grasp right now.

I have the CD's and without the visuals they are lacking.

I look forward to enjoying these for a long time.