LOUDEST DCI Hornline EVER?

Guest GeorgeD

How about Devils 97? Vanguard 2001 had their moments in the beginning of their show as well. Just like Baudino said in an earlier thread, that euphonium line dominated that hornline. Pretty cool though. Kind of reminds me of how that monster baritone line dominated Spirit 1980 in 'Georgia' at the beginning of the show.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id have to say in 96 we were pretty F&^%ing loud  :D

Also, last year after we did our lil victory thing for Class A at DCA, Brigs played theirs.....uh, yeah...it was fargin loud as well....Poodle running out of the line and jumping on Heath was funny as #### too.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
2001 Madison Scouts    Ok, ok, this wasn't the loudest. However, that opening impact scared the @#$^&* out of me the first time I saw their show. Oh heck yeah....

Heh, that impact was one of my favorite moments of my corps career.  Especially at Charlotte.

As all of you probably know, we tried to time the opening impact to happen right after the announcer stops talking.  it was cool.

BUT, in NC, Rodinero <sp?> was announcing, and he decided to embellish the usual speech.  'Madison Scouts, you may take the field in competition, and blow the doors-DAA DA DA"

Completely buried him.  Coolest part, was that we all realized what was about to happen, so it got even more juice.  ;)

I know one of the brass staff got that on Minidisc, cause we listened to it on the horn bus at least 20 times that night.  I wish that recording would surface online.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I'm biased.

I thought the company front from Trial and Crucifixion was the LOUDEST thing ever on a football field.

But, I've got to give props to the 1997 Crossmen for that ending.  Wow!!

Andy Smith

Railmen 93-94

Madison Scouts 96,98-99

No offense...but the ending was the best part of Xmen's show. I, for one, loved when it was over!

(yeah, sarcasm)

I wish that recording would surface online.

I actually have that. I can get it to you if you want.

:yikes: Loudest I've heard live was 1985 Madison.  We got to sit right in front of their horn arc.  A show was rained out and we played for each other.

:o) Loudest I've heard on the field was 1984 BD.

%-) I never got to stand in front of our hornline in 1987, but it felt loud!