What's Your Favorite Horn Lick?

FarmerFred

Jeff,

The Matadors with Ritchee Price and Jim Centorino! Now, that's a pair. Sure have enjoyed the years they've made it back together at Alumni Shows.

The other day I was at a big band rehearsal playing "String of Pearls." Now, that has some fantastic licks! It brought back the nostalgia of '94 playing Donny Allen's Sinatra charts with the Empire Statesmen. Great show opening with "Ol' Man River"..."My Way."

Cozy

great topic!

the tiniest little horn lick has been the coolest thing to me for the past few years.  If you listen to the end of Santa Clara's opener and closer in 98, the closer in 99, and the end of the opener in 2000 there are those cool little mello licks that i LOVE.  For some reason that has been huge with me, one of the big reasons i attached to SCV so much.

Any Cadets hornline since like 89.  I especially like 92, 93, 97, 99, and 00  (oh #### forget it...ANY cadets hornline, hehe   :D )

Scouts 95 and 97 were great shows

BD 86, 95 and 00 i loved...i could go on and on...

SCV 2000.

After going crazy in their opener, the control they showed when they played Adagio for Strings was major goose bumps.  :)

I liked the upper range patterns in 27ths Seahawk.

The Skyliner signature.

All I'm going to say is I think it is awesome when a horn line can hit a Chord and make it sound so Full and Rich and give you goose bumps that you can hear everysingle person playing and every voice!

There are several corps that can do this to me, different years, and I just love them for it!