Blue Devils Family Night

Hey Guys, oh holy members of the Renegades and former BD members ......I humbly request....Please, please, please, please, please, please, please,PLEASE !!!!!!

WHAT WAS THE GUARD WEARING ??????????

and ~ What kind of equipment did they use  :lol:

Thank you,

Geoffrey

I can say that I don't remember seeing what they wore in the movie the Matrix, but they could give Trinity a run for the money.... :)

^0^

???? What does that mean ????

~G~

you've never seen the movie?

this = Trinity:

trinity.jpg

Renegades guard = HOT

^0^

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

double post

Excellent Review Rob!

I'd just like to support Rob's sentiments regarding programming. I thought Blue Devils' musical book this year is great! 100% 'hummable', beautifully varied and includes some incredible high points.

My impressions...

Ragtime is neat. Catchy little tune with LOTS of personality. You can tell the horn line is having a blast playing this little ditty. Seemed a little dirty visually, but it's only June.

The first half 'I've Got Rythmn'is great! Wide open jazz, great soloists, and some really, really meaty horn parts!! I was a little bummed the last half featured mostly percussion. However, I did enjoy the closing screaming Trumpet soloist who ended the song with a very respectable double-c.

'House of the Rising Sun' is really cool, but kinda short. Lots of multi-tempos going on (might be hard to clean). I really like that quirky little Trumpet/pedal-tone/glissando thing I'd heard on BD's web site. It's even better in person (and leads into something completely different than you'd expect). It ends with an excellent 64 count 'park and bark' (go Mellophones!).

In regards to Channel One, I have to disagree with my buddy JR Marks. I rather liked the rearrangement. Okay...it does start a little weird with little snippets of the tune but I personally liked the way it builds suspense before that infamous Channel One low brass lick. And the way the hornline, out of the blue, builds a field-long company front for the first big push is simply amazing!

Yes, I said company front (just like when I marched in the 80s). A massive, loud, expanding, in-your-face company front with 10 contras across the front and endzone to endzone coverage! Woo hoo! (Highpoint of the show for me).

Unfortunately, they stopped doing drill shortly after, but played through the end of the show. The end of this year's Channel One's is actually the 'classic' version's beginning (surely to annoy some purists) but I liked it. Made a good lead in into this year's version of the 'Wayne Downy Ending'.

Overall, I gotta say I found Blue Devils musical show exceptionally entertaining. No one can complain about this year's show being musically unapproachable. I've been humming since last night.

I can hardly wait to see the rest of the visual package come together. This is going to be a great year for Blue Devils. Should be fun.

See you on the 50.

- Greg

Let's just say that when the guard came out....some were not even recognizable as their former selves, and more than once we hweard things along the lines of "d###!!! The guard cleans up well!!!!"

Yes, they do. ;)^

Thanks for the kind words about our show, everyone. Cant wait for you to see it when we get back from the east coast.

Later.

well, I was flying to Detriot during this time, but I was able to hear a small glimpse of the Blue Devils thanks to Alisha....she held the phone up and recorded onto my voicemail.... *HUGS* thank you.

I wish I was there to have seen this, and to have met all the great peole I talked to on the phone...hopefully soon I will see you guys.

hah! My friend in Santa Clara's guard called and did the exact same thing from their memorial day concert. it was on my voicemail and iwas just thinking "WHAT is this?" cause i have a friend that we just leave each other short DCI clips as messages sometimes, but i couldnt recognize this one. THen she leans into the phone "Ben! If you can hear me, this is BD!"

It was great. :P

And then their are those who have lost so much weight marching that their pants kept falling down throughout the show

And then their are those who have lost so much weight marching that their pants kept falling down throughout the show

FYI -- I just added Chris Nall's account of BD Family Day to the Renegade Journal on DCP.

Lee Rudnicki

Guy who was kicked off the Internet in 1999