Females on Bass

MuZiK11

I have had an all female bass section at the high school line that I teach for the past 3 years. We had some problems with our feeder middle school in regards to percussionists so I had to enlist the help of woodwind players to carry our bassline. They're freaking PHENOMENAL. The little girl who's marching #5 this year is a HAUSS...even though she's only 5'4 and about 110lbs.

I say "YOU GO GIRL"...carry that bass drum proud. And hopefully your Caption Head appreciates the virtue of bass drum stands.

Edited by FrontEnsemble302

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Female bass drummers! There is nothing more attractive to me than that. Seriously, it's a big turn-on for me. Anyways, does anyone know of Sarah Hageman? She was on the Blue Devils bassline from '93-'95. I know she played top bass in '95 (sweet show). As for bottom bass girls, word!

[dcf]Merwin-ayB

TSFKARS

The other sector

I have had an all female bass section at the high school line that I teach for the past 3 years. We had some problems with our feeder middle school in regards to percussionists so I had to enlist the help of woodwind players to carry our bassline. They're freaking PHENOMENAL. The little girl who's marching #5 this year is a HAUSS...even though she's only 5'4 and about 110lbs.

I say "YOU GO GIRL"...carry that bass drum proud. And hopefully your Caption Head appreciates the virtue of bass drum stands.

we don't use stands , ever .

the tenors don't even use stands.

I have had an all female bass section at the high school line that I teach for the past 3 years.  We had some problems with our feeder middle school in regards to percussionists so I had to enlist the help of woodwind players to carry our bassline.  They're freaking PHENOMENAL.  The little girl who's marching #5 this year is a HAUSS...even though she's only 5'4 and about 110lbs. 

I say "YOU GO GIRL"...carry that bass drum proud.  And hopefully your Caption Head appreciates the virtue of bass drum stands.

we don't use stands , ever .

the tenors don't even use stands.

You all don't even use stands when learning music?

that's interesting...I understand the concept of physical stamina and all that jazz...but that blows my mind that you all never use stands.

You all don't even use stands when learning music?

personally - i like carrying it - putting it on a stand and playing is a different feel (to me)

that's interesting...I understand the concept of physical stamina and all that jazz...but that blows my mind that you all never use stands.

The first time I ever saw a drum corps using stands was 97 Blue Devils. As, far as I know, it's a relatively new phenomenom. Drum corps, and especially drumline, has always had that "we're tough and ######" and all that. Don't get me wrong, it makes sense to use stands, especially for winter camps and such. I'm just suprised that it "blows your mind". I must be getting old...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good luck with that, buddy. <**>

:feednotroll:

Edited by Galen