Jacksonville, AL review

One thing I did fail to mention...

In the program, Spirit had a page announcing that their 2002 tour was dedicated to the memory of Jason Harmon Lowe. The minute my wife showed me the page, I began to cry like a baby, just from remembering that good ol' boy. I miss him.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Steve!!! We are ALL really hyped this year and we really hope that everyone in the stands enjoys our performance as much as we enjoy performing for them. Our next stop is Reading but then we will be back performing at "Thunder At The Mountain" at Kennesaw, Ga. on July 24th in DCI Exhibition. I can't wait!!!!!! I'm PSYCHED!!!!!!! Can we do this EVERY NIGHT!?!? :P

In the program, Spirit had a page announcing that their 2002 tour was dedicated to the memory of Jason Harmon Lowe. ... I miss him.

Me too. He was supposed to come down to stay with us and visit the San Antonio show in July, but couldn't make it. I miss him too.

Mike

One thing I did fail to mention...

In the program, Spirit had a page announcing that their 2002 tour was dedicated to the memory of Jason Harmon Lowe. The minute my wife showed me the page, I began to cry like a baby, just from remembering that good ol' boy. I miss him.

Steve,

I have already proposed a few ideas for DCP in memory of Jason for this summer on the anniversary of his untimely passing. Know that Jason is far from forgotten....i miss that skoal dippin wrestling lovin lil redneck a lot.

Steve,

> I can't wait to hear your response to Spirit's show either, Mike. I remember how well you liked last year's offering.

This year is written so much better and the kids love it!

I really look forward to seeing them!

>When will you see them?

My daughter and I are trying to get a group of band kids (I have a minivan) to go to either North Penn (Lansdale PA) or Clifton, both next weekend.

My other goal is Philly in early August at Franklin Field, which would pretty much match last year's shows for me, one early and one late.

Are you travelling at all with the corps this summer?

Mike

My other goal is Philly in early August at Franklin Field, which would pretty much match last year's shows for me, one early and one late.

Are you travelling at all with the corps this summer?

Mike

Make sure that even if you don't post something in here for all to read, send me a "private" review...I want to know what you think!

Am I touring? No. I'd love to but I've basically "retired". The alumni for the second year are in charge of souvenir operations for the corps and they could always use volunteers. We even have one of the nicest souvie trailers in drum corps, complete with AIR CONDITIONING, so it would be so much easier than what I have experienced in many years with the corps. However, between work and my new farm, I don't ever have a day off, much less any extended time. I own my own business, and I've worked 7 days a week now for the last 8 weeks. Bummer.

I'll see the corps again in Kennesaw in late July, and that's it for me. I'd love to go to Madison to watch my corps attempt a break back into the top 12, but it just isn't to be. TV and the internet will have to do. :(

Steve.....close to finals, email me a good phone number for ya...i'll call from the stadium every time the corps performs.

You've got a deal...only if I can remember!