Corps/horn

bandette bari2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sop Plug for Madison Alumni Corps

Madison Alumni Corps, F. E. Olds Duratone valve-rotor baritone.

Is that the one with the brushed (satin) finish? If so I played the same type with Westshoremen in the 70s. Still have the registration cards as we got them new in 1974.

Back in the mid 70s, organizers were trying to start an Explorer Corps in Milwaukee and they had a set of brand new Olds Duratones. The brushed satin finish was cool, but I always had the feeling it dulled the brightness of the sound?

Edited by dans24103

Back in the mid 70s, organizers were trying to start an Explorer Corps in Milwaukee and they had a set of brand new Olds Duratones. The brushed satin finish was cool, but I always had the feeling it dulled the brightness of the sound?

You better ask someone with better ears than mine Dan :P

Forgot to mention that we got Contras with the brushed finish the next year (1975). For quite a few years people would walk up and ask "What's wrong with your horn, it's not shiney?".

Got a one valved Bari from ebay a few days ago (my current avatar). That horn has the brushed finish also. Never knew the brushed look was done that long ago. b**bs

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari