I have not seen many reviews of the SCV, so I'll take a stab.

DISCLAIMER: I was watching from the side while waiting for my corps' first performance, so I did not catch a ton of detail.

From the LOUDEST Show on Earth - June 22nd, Cupertino, CA

The Uniforms. The fitted look suits the Vanguard extremely well. I was very impressed by how good the musicians looked in the new uniform. The uniforms have a very strong geometric look - broadened shoulders by use of the same technique Cavies use on their unis. And yes, the SCV unis are very green. The overall look is very much in the traditional SCV vein, updated for modern sensibilities.

The Show. An extremely talented group. They play beautifully. The brass staff is to be congratulated. The corps has the sound of a program that has been around for awhile and has gelled (is that a word). The corps marches extremely well, and the guard is innovative and communicates well. The only section I did not get a good read on was percussion.

The Score. 74.7 - Seemed a bit low to me, but what do I know - SCV is the only corps I have seen this year other than the corps I teach (Renegades) and my all time favorites, the Blue Devils' C Corps.

A very classy group. Be sure to check them out this year - fans of Modern Drum Corps will love them for sure. I did!

Any photos of SCV in their new uniforms? I'm quite interested in what they look like, for I can only guess through the words given here. Kinda like reading a book before seeing the movie. :lol:

I have some from up top. I'll try to post tonight. No closeups, though.

Already, I think these new uniforms are as bad as those in 1993 (added ugliness due to Pearl snare drums with was it, YELLOW, powder-coated hardware? Ick!) and I haven't even SEEN them yet.

I'm sorry but the only unis that look good, IMO, are the classic red and black ones (and their variations with a RED jacket and BLACK pants). Will the new ones "grow" on me? Wouldn't count on it.

On a POSITIVE note, I'm now listening to 1989 SCV as I type this.

:lol:

I kinda liked the new unis. I am a big fan of the old school, "normal" SCV look, but i think the new unis will grow on people. They're a little "different" if you will, but they still look like SCV, and that's all that really matters.

I'm sorry but the only unis that look good, IMO, are the classic red and black ones (and their variations with a RED jacket and BLACK pants).

Huh? I always thought Red and Green was Classic SCV.

Oh. Guess I really AM colorblind. But I thought they were really dark green one year.

you would be correct. I think in 1997 they went from the tunics to the new style uniform (the one that looked like a uniform from Star Trek the Next Generation).. and it was a VERY dark green.. almost black..

Definitely green.. but it was extremely dark